Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

My county has 3500 people per square mile and I can barely tolerate it. With all of the apartments and condos going up monthly, that number will grow more. Hell, it becomes unbearable when snowbird season and spring break overlaps!

2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Friend of mine had an electrician go home to self quarantine last week. Even though he had been working with the same crew for the previous two weeks getting up a new line for a packing shed. Funny thing was most of the time he was 30-40 feet away from anyone else during the day.

3. Of course. There are 19,763 variables that go into lap times, especially when talking about different tracks. You cant just take one lap time and determine which rider is the best.

But seeing how multiple organizations, with people investigating and researching around the clock with a sole job of getting to the bottom of this, all agree on those numbers...I have to assume they aren't just grasping numbers out of thin air.

4. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

FB_IMG_1585233859529.jpg

Y'all be careful at the pumps:Puke:

Lawn Dart and Phl218 like this.
  5. Now you are just trolling for the sake of arguing.

6. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

It’s not hard comparing here, I’m talking about infected or in quarantine pending rule out hospital staff, what we’re seeing is unprecedented. While those pending rule out quarantine at home, I can envision the possibility that we’ll need to turn that on its head and quarantine in place to maintain operations in place.

The changes are based on need and go site by site. The tier 1 plan is live and in place, tier 2 is designed and on deck pending influx, tier 3 in in design.

7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I appreciate your efforts Sean, but you are wasting your time. Broome and others have no understanding of the garbage in garbage out concept. Until you know how many people are infected, you have zero ability to determine an infectious rate. Period. Until you know how many people have contracted it, and we likely never will, you have no ability to accurately determine lethality.
    What we DO know, is the actual death number, and honestly, at least in the U.S., it's not impressive enough to shut an entire country down. That may change.

cav115 likes this.
  8. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

No..no...you get to answer that one.

10. sdg

sdg *

Because those organizations are above reproach, completely unbiased and not motivated to justify their existence.

speeddaddy likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Had a feeling you wouldn't get it. The point isn't that the variables in doing a fast lap but comparing two totally different tracks. You can't do it. Just as you can't compare one result based on positive tests to another that is based on total number of infected.

As for you believing the experts aren't grasping at thin air - do you not remember Deepwater Horizon? All the experts laid blame based on bad info there too...

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Do they do the same every year for the flu or other viruses? They're infectious, they're dangerous.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Gotdammit done nastied up the thread!

cav115 likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

cav115 and SirCrashAlot like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oddly the CDC isn't drawing conclusions from what I've seen, just posting up the data they have - and freely admitting they can't get accurate date like the number of tests given so they leave that one up to individual states to post if they have it.

16. SirCrashAlot

:beer:

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I know a chick who is a pediatric nurse living in Denver now. Today she's being trained for ER.

18. SirCrashAlot

You guys know this happens everywhere gas is sold. Travel safe.

What's your move Toe?

Steeltoe likes this.
  19. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Already responded, unprecedented measures in place that have never before been required.

I’m not arguing your statements or challenging your point, just giving you a glimpse of the front line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.