1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to ride

Discussion in 'General' started by dave3593, Mar 26, 2020.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I did lots of 'maintenance' like checking valve clearances, etc. This winter in my garage.

Did some subtle things that REALLY helped too, like:
    - adjusted suspenion based on a magazine articles settings.
    - removed, bled, and topped off the OEM steering damper- HUGE improvement!
    - snugged up the steering head bearings a tad- nice change
    - other little things these were the biggest difference though.

I've ridden it the last few days, including to work yesterday in the mid 50'sF- near the BrewCity WI.
    Rode with a friend one day on his ZX6R too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I am not really pleasure riding right now. I only ride alone and only for errands. Instead I am focusing on my job since I am 100% working from home. And to be honest I enjoy it. It’s quiet here, very comfortable, break rooms much better and the bathroom whole lot better. Toilet paper quality 1000 percent better. I have a group of riding friends who keep trying to get rides together but I’m just not into it right now. Plenty of quality riding time later on once this has run its course.

Being at home all the time I get a lot done around the house. During all this I have realized our new house we built 2 years ago is perfect for social distancing. My wife’s an essential worker in the medical field so she’s still doing her thing at the hospital.

I pretty much believe 2020 is a wash for enjoying anything. So I am willing to sit it out. To many people are dying from this to just continue on business as usual.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Working a lot.... and lots of MX and Trail riding....

4. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Rode the RSV4 yesterday with a group. Wanted to hear some V4 music but unfortunately one of the group crashed and got to ride the ambulance. Cruised on back home. Hiding out again today.

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I am considering a street ride on the Tuono this weekend, but wearing full track gear. The only stop(s) will be for fuel.

6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

That's how all my weekend rides roll (Tuono included). :beer:

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

The kids and I cleaned out the carb and put fresh gas in the KE175 Wednesday and rode it around the neighborhood. And I have plenty of projects to keep me busy for the foreseeable future.

upload_2020-3-27_9-0-49.png

upload_2020-3-27_9-1-52.png

Attached Files:

8. grasshopper

I did take the 79 KZ650 and the 71 Iron Head for a ride on Wednesday. Weather has been crap since.

upload_2020-3-27_9-14-2.png
    upload_2020-3-27_9-15-36.png

JBall and dave3593 like this.
  9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Twin or V4? I have a 2007 with the red / white check pattern (like the blue one for sale right now on here, but red). I recently swapped from the Ventura rack and bag to the Hepco Becker Sport Rack and Journey top case. Big upgrade in looks and it locks.
    Previously if I was going for a short ride I would go high quality textile with armor (RS TaiChi or Aerostitch). Also wearing Sidi boots that are fairly protective, but easier to put on than my A*s Supertech R. I wouldn't always wear the HitAir on the street, but I REALLY don't want to go to the Hospital right now so going all out with the gear.

10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

We were right in sync till you pulled the twin on me (and I am a twin guy). 2013 Factory.
    I dont really have proper gear for sport rides other than full suits. I have a nice Vanson Jacket I wear commuting, but that's it (7 mile commute).

Tuonos Unite!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

12. grasshopper

It's heavy but fun to ride. We did the AHRMA round at Road America on it.

13. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

That is a cool old sportster and in general I don't like Harleys.

14. grasshopper

I'm really not a Harley fan either. It's kind of a family heirloom so I had to bring it back to life. I brought it back up north from Ft. Myers last year. The case broke by the speedo drive so I took the whole thing apart, sent the case halves to a shop called Advanced Machine in Superior, Wi. They repaired the cases and eliminated the weak spot which is the speedo drive. Check out the hole that was in the motor. LOL. But it's a ripper. It's got big drag race carb on it, big cams, stroker crank and high compression. Plus it wants to murder you with the kickstarter before you even ride it. Ever ridden a bike that shifts on the right? No Brakes? Don't bet on the drums working very well.

upload_2020-3-27_11-4-51.png

upload_2020-3-27_11-8-13.png

upload_2020-3-27_11-9-10.png

upload_2020-3-27_11-10-3.png

15. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Wow, how do they even do a repair like that and keep the surfaces straight (or straight for a Harley of that vintage anyhow)? Is that a sand or diecast part? Amazing work though. I mean, little dime-sized holes I understand, but that sure looks like a junk part in the "before" picture...

16. grasshopper

I guess they have a corner piece and they somehow cut out old material and weld the new corner piece in. They wanted the trans trap door and both case halves. It was 700 bucks to repair it. Fine. Bike is back together and operational.

17. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I took a little ride. Man am I rusty but it felt great. The weather in Ohio now is GREAT!