1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newest round of gun threads - Shotguns

Discussion in 'General' started by fastfreddie, Mar 25, 2020.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Yup!
    MossB or Rem Shockwaves w/ side-saddles

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Thanks I'll let her know, I don't mind magnums if there's some weight on them, step dad gave me a light win mag when I was in high school. I could shoot it about three times before I started flinching, had a scope with little eye relief too, cut me more than once.

3. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Yeah man, it’s one of the reasons when it comes to guns, there’s almost always a disclaimer when I give my opinion about one. I wish I had the same experience with mine, it’s pretty as hell and would love to just keep on pulling the trigger but for me, side by side, the Mossberg is just a better fit all around (especially in a high stress, home defense situation). I will say this, the Knox stock definitely makes a difference (for me). . .it’s not a “holy shit, I don’t feel it” but it’s enough where you’re not feeling like you got to tense everything up just to take the hit. I feel the same way about my Kimber 1911 as you probably did when you heard my experience with the Benelli:p. Never had a problem with mine and I’ve put quite a few rounds through it and it’s got to be close to 20 years old by now but I hear horror stories on build and reliability with them (it’s actually the one I keep on my nightstand). But whenever asked, If I could just have one, it’s always the CZ75. . .cheapest pistol I have (although the Shadow is pricey) but damn if it doesn’t just flat out work. :D

However, even with my experience with the M1, still can’t shake my desire to get a gas M4. . .:beer:.

I hear ya, another good friend (and former boss) of mine handed me a snub nose titanium .357 once and told me there were .38’s in there – pull the trigger twice (with .38s) and the third was a .357 round. Since that day, .357 are like spiced rum for me. . .I involuntarily shutter when I hear the word spoken.:D I won’t let inexperienced shooters shoot the .300 win mag. . .it’s just asking for a half moon on their forehead. But I do love how it makes you focus on everything. . .can’t mess around once you shoulder it.:)

4. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Its funny you mention being apprehensive to buy it.
    I was in the same boat.
    I had never heard of Panzer Arms.
    Plus it was Made in Turkey. Then the price was so low I almost didn’t buy it. Being honest if it was double the price I prolly would of had more confidence buying it. I know that might not make sense but exactly how my head works.
    I read some reviews none were horrible but a couple people said they needed to polish a few things and make some minor adjustments to get it run perfectly but eventually they all ran without hiccups. I knew I could do those things if I had to and with the price so low I just went with it.
    That’s why I mentioned taking it’s straight from the box to the range.
    Maybe I got lucky and got a “good one” but I’ve ran different ammo brand, loads etc never had an issue to date.

I bought it for home defense and I work with all Israeli’s now so getting used to a bull pup was not an option for me. So using this does help a bit when I’m using the Tavor X95.

They actually do make bigger mags.
    10 round magazines but let me tell you they are huge to fit those 10 rounds in a single stack. I bought a couple (of course lol)

As long as the PD is ok with BP configurations I wouldn’t see why it couldnt be used for standard qualifications. I’ve done enough 870 qualification that’s for sure. Lol

Ride safe,
    AAron

XFBO likes this.
  5. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Yes to both of those, plus a pistol grip of some sort and side saddle shell holder on the action. Tactical flashlight on foregrip if you really want to go mall cop.

OGs750 likes this.
  6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

In reference to the original question concerning semi-auto bullpups, I gather I have a small dick, rattled on about some shit and 870 is the go-to HD gun.
    Tell me some shit I don't know. :D

eggfooyoung and Quicktoy like this.
  7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Nope. Sold 5 last week. We are supposed to have 2 coming but distributors are a week back logged in shipping.

8. Quicktoy

Never run a mag fed shotgun for defense. They will always fail on you. Always tube.

SpeedyE, Sabre699 and XFBO like this.
  9. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Well shit. Maybe I'll just wait it out and hopefully score a good deal on a pre-owned barely used one when all these people who stormed the gun stores to buy guns thinking the zombie apocalypse is coming are putting them out for sale when all of this shit is over lol

lopitt85 and Quicktoy like this.
  10. Quicktoy

Oh we know we will be pawning a lot of these guns soon lol

Phl218, Steeltoe and lopitt85 like this.
  11. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I've got a few, but my favorite by far is my Beretta A303. It's 'only' chambered in 2-3/4, but it's a blast to shoot. It's had many, many thousands of rounds through it and has been as reliable as the proverbial hammer. Another one of my favorites is my old Winchester Model 24 in 16ga.

IMHO, for home defense, a shotgun it THE gun to have. With the right loads, it's ultra lethal. I actually had a coworker tell me that a 12 ga buckshot load will not do jack crap as far as a home defense load goes. I was stunned. Apparently he has not seen the many videos on the youtubes of guy blowing up stuff with shotguns.

12. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

at the end of a range day out in the middle of the desert, we were getting ready to pack up and my buddy says lets load up some 00 buckshot and go destroy all the plywood targets we made so we dont have to bring them home. (we burnt them in the camp fire, didnt just leave trash out there). Buckshot shreds 3/4" plywood like its tin foil. :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Is there a shotgun out there readily available and legal in NJ that is 12 or 16 gauge auto-loading and can fire shot, beanbag or a Sabot if needed ?

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

ammo manufacturers recommend a rifled barrel for sabot.

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Plastic guns make me angry. Get off my lawn.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I like mine, wasn't cycling right tho last time I shot it, have to go play again if we're ever allowed out of the house :D

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Touch wood, I've yet to have an issue.
    I thought you were allowed out to go forage for Pie at the grocer? No?

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

What's the deal with that, shotshells not conducive to stacking or feeding...?

Seems to me, the traditional crop of rimmed, wadcutter-like shotshells could be a/the cause for mag-fed malfs. Do we need an ammo mfg to come out with an inexpensive rimless/coned shotshell with a brass head like the all plastic RAS-12?
    Whaddya think, evolved platforms need evolved ammo, or the mag-feed gun mfgs need to redesign their receivers to accommodate rimmed, blunt-nosed cartridges? Isn't this just a bump in the road like when they first started chambering the 1911 in 9mm?

I'm diggin' the bullpup semi idea, but I'm not gonna risk my life over one.
    Quicktoy, you've answered my original question in an offhand way. (Pun intended. :D) Imma wait for the mfgs to get it right.

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Yeah, but that's plywood. It won't do jack shit to a crackhead roaming through your house at 2:00am looking for stuff to steal...;)

socalrider likes this.
  20. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

My first shotgun was a mag fed bolt action. Never failed to run, I could shoot doubles at trap with it. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/851057486