1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newest round of gun threads - Shotguns

Discussion in 'General' started by fastfreddie, Mar 25, 2020.

1. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Not the Shockwave, but I have the 20 in. barrel, 12 ga. version. Put a shorter stock on it, and removed the heat shield but no other changes. 9 shot capacity is nice. No issues at all with about 300 rounds thru it. Bayonet lug makes me chuckle every time I look at it.

I had read somewhere that magazine fed can be an issue with distorted shells, so i went old school. Imagine that.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  2. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Meh...

I have a 1878 hammered double coach gun, yes i do use mostly black powder loads.

3. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Next trip to the Keys I'm gonna swing by your place!

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i have an 870 that is set up for home defense. afgter having hunted for years with one, it just feels natural.

but then i switched to an over/under for birds and damn i love how that swings. oh, its a no namer too. imported by sig - Fabarm is the MFG and Gamma II is the model. its italian but doesnt break down all the time. :D

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

What models were these anchors?

6. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Keltec KSG
    upload_2020-3-25_19-17-14.jpeg

7. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

What do you 870 (or any shotgun really) guys do to set them up for home defense? I'm thinking extended tube and a shortened barrel, but anything else?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Awesome. Have had a few beebers swing by through the years.

9. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Everybody's different but I would never recommend a M1 Super 90 for shotgun home defense. You don't run hot enough loads and it'll jam, if it doesn't jam it beats the shit out of you. My brother and I did full dumps side by side to see who was quicker (me on the Mossberg 500, him on the Benelli) and he was only a fraction quicker over all but the experience was MUCH more pleasant for me. At the time, the Benelli cost almost 5x's the Mossberg both out the box, even after the Knox stock and "heat shield" on the Mossberg, it was still easily 3x's as much. The Mossberg is always loaded. . . the Benelli is empty (and I have no plans on loading it).

image0 (1).jpeg

Last summer, a bunch of us got together and challenges got thrown down, which lead to me getting this pic of a good friend. . .If I had a choice between doing that or doing a full dump on the Benelli, I'm choosing the .50 cal.

IMG_0112.jpg

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

The recoil isn't that bad on the .50, it's heavy. Let me hand you a light weight 300 win mag for hunting with a hot load. :)

The Beer Hunter and Quicktoy like this.
  11. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

You have any left? I've been looking for either a 590 Shockwave or a 590 SPX or a 500 ATI Scorpion. Can't find shit anywhere.

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I just got a scorpion, it is awesome!

sbk1198 likes this.
  13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

For home defense, I have a UTAS UTS-15 (2X7+1 capacity). For shop/outside defense, I have a UTAS XTR-12 (10+1 capacity).

09578431-72CC-46B9-8383-5B37F07945CE.jpeg

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

See, that's how I know you're not a friendly individual. . .my go to for hunting is a .300win mag. . .but it ain't light. . .:D. (and please tell your wife "THANK YOU" from all of us for being on the front lines!!!!. . .(no emoji can properly express that sentiment or else I'd use it).
    IMG_0670.jpg

Quicktoy and MachineR1 like this.
  15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Damnit. I always wanted one of those but was afraid it would be a POS at that price. Now thanks to covid everything is sold out...

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

If you have to have a tacti-cool shotgun get the 870 DM.

That's a sweet 870 with a detachable box mag. I've not shot one but they do look tacti-cool

17. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Non-tacticool, Ruger Red Label Sporting Clays for busting birds.

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Interesting experience. I've not had any issues with my M1 Super90.
    I bought mine used, and it was both well maintained and appeared to be well broken in without being broken.

I agree that it's a shoulder kicker. :beer:
    Ran standard #7 and standard #8 as well as buck and slug through it. I tested a LOT of different options just to make sure it didn't have any issues.
    No failure to load, failure to extract, nor failure to eject.
    I also have a Mossberg 500 (8+1) and didn't notice that much difference in kick.

I'm happy with my particular home shotguns.
    The Stoeger M3K 9+1 is my 3-gun gun when I have participated.

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Kinda digging this Panzer Arms Bullpup, seems like a great buy! Maybe the perfect home defense option too! They sell/make larger mags? :D

Aaron, would it pass the standard shotgun quals most PD's run their 870's through???

20. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

18.2" Remington 870 w Birds-head/Witness protection grip + 5'rd side-saddle = Home Defense gun