1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newest round of gun threads - Shotguns

Discussion in 'General' started by fastfreddie, Mar 25, 2020.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

It's been a few years and some more recent products have been introduced...double-barrel semis, bullpups, et al.
    Whatcha all think/know of the current offerings, particularly RIA's VRBP-100-A, for home defense? (I thought I saw it mentioned here but failed to find it.)
    [​IMG]
    I think it will do the job for less than $500 but I am talking about something lives may depend on. Current home choice shotgun is my 870.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Everybody remembers horseshoes and handgrenades when talking about "almost".
    Shotguns are the other factor in that spiel of yore. I'm an old Remington Wingmaster 12ga. kinda guy too.
    Oh yeah...I don't hunt. Street-sweepers rule. :D

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Remington 870.
    /thread

10-15, zjay, tony 340 and 1 other person like this.
  4. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I may have recently picked up a nicely tuned up Mossberg 930 for cheap money. The 100 rounds of slug and buckshot that came with it are worth almost as much as I paid for it.

For some interesting semi-auto stuff check out Black Aces Tactical out of Florida. They are building mag fed semi autos in conventional and bullpup style. Prices are pretty reasonable.

5. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I love shooting clays. I have a couple Beretta 391 semi autos. They're nothing special, but they are far better than their operator.

6. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

I loved my 870 but I'd take a Benelli M4 Tactical any day.

Sabre699 and The Beer Hunter like this.
  7. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I bought a Panzer Arms BP12 about year and half ago.
    I’ve abused the hell out of it and never had an issue. Bought it new took it out of the box and put several hundreds rounds through it without cleaning it. Never had an issue.
    If you like bull pups you will love it.
    https://www.panzerarms.com.tr/bullpup-1

Ride safe,
    AAron

XFBO likes this.
  8. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

If money is no object - Benelli M4. Its simply the beat shotgun on the market bar-none. Otherwise Remmington 870 or Mossberg 590.

Quicktoy and Sabre699 like this.
  9. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

If it ever gets THAT bad and my Mossberg Cruiser 500 (Blackwater edition) can't get the job done, I'll just give up! I didn't care that it is the Blackwater version but the strap on the pump is a must have!

10. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Anyone try the Mossberg Shockwave 590? I've been eyeing them for a while and just haven't made the decision. It would be for home defense

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

That's not a shotgun in the OP. That's called an I have a micropenis.

Beretta, Kolar, Krieghof or GTFO.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Blah, blah, blah...something, something...I wanna blah, blah...but I own an 870. :D

rd400racer and eggfooyoung like this.
  13. eggfooyoung

And iffin ya can't hit the targets going in different directions, ya ought not own a shotgun!

14. eggfooyoung

Ok, some Perrazzi's are ok with the right forend.

Having said all of that bs, I just bought a Benelli SBE III, that I can shoot lights out. Hadn't shot an auto since my tween years.

15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

@Spang308 Sporting Clays, 5 Stand or Skeet?

I like over unders. The 391's a nice semi-auto...but I found I prefer the feel of a double barrel.

I have a Browning Citori 525 Sporting with 32 inch barrels I haven't shot in quite some time. Actually had one with 30 inch barrels as well at that time. Beretta 686 was my first over under.

There's a couple really cool ranges in Maryland for Sporting Clays. PG County, Pintail Point, J&P Sporting Clays, Shrader's (Sp?) Resort, and Hopkins Game Farm were places I used to shoot on weekends in another life.
    Miss those days, but I moved and the logistics of getting home from work on a Friday and grabbing my Browning became a pain in the ass with Maryland traffic and such. When I lived 10 minutes from work, piece of cake.

I never shot any tournaments.....a 76/100 was my best round of sporting clays ever...and that only happened once. I was normally a 55-60ish/100 guy.

socalrider likes this.
  16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Benelli / HK
    M1-super90

[​IMG][​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  17. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I keep 2 shotguns by my bed. One is a mossberg 590 20/20 with knox stock and tricked out. The other is a 10” mossberg 500 we made in house with a silencerco salvo silencer attached to it. I prefer the shorty as it has zero kick and you can stand next to the muzzle of the silencer during a shot and not need ear pro. Is very nice for hallways and no ringing in your ears.

Phl218 likes this.
  18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Sell a ton of them. Great home defense gun just never change out the grip.

SpeedyE and lopitt85 like this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Might have a few damascus Belgium Browning gold triggers. Or they fell out of the boat. Among other things. Also in the lake.

20. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Mostly sporting clays, but I'll shoot skeet or trap too. I've been to Pintail Point a couple times. Cool spot.
    I shoot in the 80s. Best round I ever shot was a 92 at Tampa Bay Sporting Clays, but the course was set to my liking. I shot at Delmarva further down 50 between Cambridge and Salibury and Owens Station in DE. Never shot at Hopkins, but would like to.
    I live in PA and mostly shoot up here, but I spend a fair amount of weekends in Fenwick and occasional I drag a shotgun along.