1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Involved in a "hit and run". How to handle this?

Discussion in 'General' started by USracer900, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Put GPS on the car. take pictures of him, and mail him the pictures. That will really start to drive said driver nuts. Just pictures nothing else.

tony 340, 418 and Phl218 like this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Sugar in tank

Or add some wheel weights

You can also put a wedge in between door and body funnel a small hose in there and dispense a liquid of your choice in there. Milk is healthy :D

3. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

And if you were really pissed off, in addition to the above, you might stick an icepick through the side of each tire as well. You know, just to be sure. :D

4. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

8A1A069E-7287-4D5C-B7EC-7C65FD6B54C0.jpeg Hey! At least you found your hitter and he didn’t leave you and another victim in the hospital with 500K+ worth of surgeries and an ankle that’ll never be the same.

I’d just pay the deductible and let the police and your insurance co. handle them going forward.

K51000 and SuddenBraking like this.
  5. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

This.

6. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Dump a gallon of milk down the vent below the windshield. It will rot and you'll never get it out of there.

8. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

Pretty sure your cop buddy isnt supposed to do plate lookups outside of his job so dont get him in trouble.

Sweatypants, K51000 and E Reed like this.
  9. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

10. 418

418 Expert #59

That's some next level shit

11. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

This.

A drunk driver hit my friend and I while we were walking home from a bar one night. We were crossing in front of a driveway and the driver failed you yield. I rolled over the hood, my friend went under. The driver stopped, got out and asked me "Why the fuck didn't you stop?" I tended to my friend who was still half under the car and the driver disappeared. We got the police involved, but they needed me to identify the driver or else they could claim it wasn't them, so I had to do a photo line-up to identify the driver before charges could be filed.

12. burnham

burnham Well-Known Member

Doe in heat lure, in a syringe, through the door gasket and all over the interior.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Well, whatever route you choose, at least you can now wear a mask, gloves, and full biohazard suit without attracting too much attention.

14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

:stupid:

Why actively search for more problems in your life?

sheepofblue and K51000 like this.
  15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Beatin' his ass is always an option. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

The problem is that if the other dude can fight, you may be fooked. :D

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That's no attitude to be pickin' a fight with...

Edit: CCW ;)

18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Valve core remover and turn them partway out so you can't be charged for criminal vandalism. Too little for a hit and run though. Hit and run needs to involve a gas tank or a gas can. This one is best for unrepentent parking stall thieves. I got one after some Chinese lady stole my spot. Can't hit a bitch in public unfortunately.

:flag:

I like this guy.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I've been through this twice in a no fault state. The only thing you can do is turn it into insurance and report to police which you already did. Police will probably do nothing that's how these things go in no fault states and as someone mentioned it's a misdemeanor. Hell in my city police don't even investigate hit and runs unless there is major injury or death. Not sure where you are but chances are police will not spend any time chasing this person down for this. Insurance companies do all the work, they will go after the driver and you will never know the outcome.

If the damage is not enough to even claim because of the deductible and rate increase that will follow, then you're screwed and completely on your own for the repair. Sucks but that's how it goes.

20. Yeah, the other stuff all sounds cool. But in reality, I wouldn’t have the patience or thought process to do any of it.

It would be a face-to-face confrontation, closely followed by an uppercut-to-face confrontation.

Sabre699 likes this.