1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for FZR400 Race Fairing

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by tgold, Mar 11, 2020.

1. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Just need the upper and lower. It doesn't need to be pristine but I don't want something with 10 pounds of Bondo and crappy repairs either. Windscreen and front fender would be nice too.

I'd appreciate any leads.

Thanks,

Timm

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Air Tech will still have molds for brand new stuff.

evakat and ducnut like this.
  3. macbook

macbook Well-Known Member

I have all that stuff in original abs. In nice or rough shape. I will try and get some pics up.

4. Pro Speed Racin

Pro Speed Racin Well-Known Member

https://ionemoto.com/collections/yamaha-fzr400

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

evakat likes this.
  5. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Where does it have to go? Shippings the bitch on big items.

6. macbook

macbook Well-Known Member

The windscreen and fender are good to go. The fairing pieces all need work (especially the nose piece), and I can't find one of the midsections and two of the pieces are Chinese. $140 plus shipping is fair if you're interested.

Attached Files:

7. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the suggestions so far. I'm trying to stick with race glass for now but was hoping to find some used stutt before I pull the trigger on new stuff.

8. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I'm in Buffalo NY. The cheapest I've found to ship bodywork is by Greyhound bus. You drop off/ pick up at the closest bus terminal.

9. David Shor

David Shor 615SV

I've got older R6 full set that is in good shape that fits well if you're interested in a mod setup. LMK

10. David Shor

David Shor 615SV

72402881_10106928533001250_4394129887477104640_n.jpg

11. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

916 Bodywork C.jpg 916 Bodywork A.jpg 916 Bodywork B.jpg Thanks all for the replies. I have some decent 916 bodywork and the last time I tried fitting it, I didn't do any trimming so I didn't think it would work. S today I decided to risk trashing it by doing some trimming and I think it's going to look pretty good:
    916 Bodywork C.jpg 916 Bodywork C.jpg 916 Bodywork A.jpg

BlueR32 likes this.
  12. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

Looks fantastic! Just FYI I have found the FZR400 motors with stock radiator to be very sensitive to airflow for cooling so I would just keep an eye on the temp gauge when you start track testing.

13. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

FZR with R3 Motor B.jpg R3 RR D.jpg R3 RR B.jpg Even though there's an R3 motor hiding in there I appreciate the heads-up and I have been thinking about that a bit. Even though I don't normally put in a water temp gauge it might be good idea at least on a temporary basis. I also want to reshape the ducts that I cut out so that they provide some venting from the backside of the radiator.
    The R3 motor in it's new home: FZR with R3 Motor B.jpg FZR with R3 Motor B.jpg R3 RR D.jpg

pscook and BlueR32 like this.
  14. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

15. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

300 Ninja wheels. I would've kept the Yamaha theme but I already had a Ninja front wheel plus they seem to be much cheaper than the stock R3 wheels. I may go to some lighter aftermarket wheels after I sell my other bike. I'm hoping to wind up between 270-280lb by the time I'm done.

16. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

There's some neat stuff in those pics, but the homemade frame stand is totally cool!

17. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

ok so i keep seeing people need an upper fairing for FZR 400
    I have the mold for upper and rear tail hanging up on a shelf.
    it has the 2 headlight still on it in mold.
    but be happy to sell it cheap to anyone who wants it.
    i can take some photos of them both.
    no lower but im sure someone can do something with this stuff.
    Its Old multi Tech Molds. i rented them space back in 90s and when it was sold the new owner left them at my shop.

Steven

18. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Didnt they make a R1 upper/lower with TZ tail for the 400? Seems like that was what was on my 565cc bike

Attached Files:

19. Estebann

Estebann Member

I you're interested or anyone, I have a full set of Airtech fairings painted in pearl white + clear, all graphics are decals except for tank is red white stock paint. a paint crack on top fairing, and one broken tab on tank cover. Fairings never been down, no repairs or road rash.
    Blue decals have been removed.

Ideally Sold as a set.
    Top+Bottom, stock gas Tank Cover with breather hole cutout, Gustaffson Windscreen tall and normal, TZ250 Tail, Front Fender.

$500
    pm if interested.
    Located in Southern California. I can ship but buyer pays shipping.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  20. Estebann

Estebann Member

Side. Blue number decals have been removed.

Attached Files: