1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Wear one of these when you go out to hand it to him.

michelin man.jpg

Quicktoy, Gorilla George and Phl218 like this.
  2. In Your Corner

People need to close their own businesses and break into other closed businesses. If they catch you in your
    own place conducting business you'll be prosecuted but they aren't arresting people for low-level crimes so
    if they catch you in someone else's business robbing the place you're good to go.

Phl218 and 418 like this.
  3. Well I’m still spreading pine straw, cars covered in yellow pollen, cut down a dead 82’ tall pine tree and will go on the lake fishing later. Taking shifts by day with the kids.

Steeltoe likes this.
  4. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

The numbers we need to watch at this point are open hospital beds and available ventilators. Right now states are racing each other to find medical supplies. People need to stop referencing how many people die from the flu each year, this is about the speed and breadth of exposure which will overload the medical system causing unnecessary deaths. And this has the potential to kill more than the flu so we’re trying to head that off. Is it worth it? I couldn’t tell you, but I understand the rationale. Just because your state or city doesn’t have an issue now, doesn’t mean you’ll be fine.

And for the nay sayers of the exponential growth. The whole point of the response is to decrease the exponential factor. If everyone went about their normal business then the virus would spread faster and farther. So you can’t implement social distance and similar actions and then wonder why we’re not seeing exponential growth. But we are doubling cases pretty frequently right now.
    It sucks for everyone affected financially and from an event/job perspective and I truly hope we get out of this sooner rather than later.

5. In Your Corner

Show me how you measure the cause and effect.

6. :stupid:

That’s what airport workers are doing.

They won’t actually touch your boarding pass; you scan it yourself. All the shops that I used were accepting cards only, and you scanned it yourself.

There’s ways to do damn near any transaction (legal ones anyway :D) without contact.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Harbor Freight just announced they are donating their entire (remaining) stock of masks and plastic gloves to hospitals with 24 hour emergency rooms. Nice gesture. Ironic considering the probable source.

sheepofblue, Phl218, scottn and 4 others like this.
  8. No, the US doesn’t have those laws (yet), unless you are sick.

Coming through the UK, it was “recommended” that I self quarantine for 2 weeks. But it isn’t being controlled (via force) like in other countries.

9. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Economies can return, family, friends and loved ones cant.

My business went from $1.2 mill per year to .$3,000 in bookings the rest of the year. That $3,000 will likely cancel. I'm fucked financially, but more importantly my employees are fucked. I've already got 3 of them moving in with me, in the next two weeks. Small business makes up 60% of the US economy.

GarrettRick and 418 like this.
  10. L8RSK8R

Just drunk venting.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How are you managing the situation with your friend who is sick? Still taking care of him?

12. No. That is not even fucking close to how that conversation went.

Your exact words were
    To which I said maybe your friend should get his head out of his ass. And yes, there is testing going on.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just got started on an SBA disaster loan and sorted out what we need for filing unemployment for all three of us. We'll go into the office and finish it all up tomorrow. If either comes through we can survive this I think - or if we can go racing in May...

sheepofblue and L8RSK8R like this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup: Point taken. :D

15. L8RSK8R

He's been on lockdown for several days now. No visitors allowed at all. He was moved from Jacobs Medical in La Jolla to a rehab facility about a mile from his house.

Thanks for asking, I should've updated my thread....I'm piss deep in dealing with creditors and employees, plus I'm drinking waaay too much right now.

Right now Joe will probably outlive me. He's frustrated being locked up, but believes he's safer where he is currently. He does desperately want to get home. I'd say another 2 weeks.

Thanks for asking man.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    HPPT likes this.
  16. I thought I read where there was some kind of loan forgiveness or some shit?

Or can’t people defer payments till the end?

I can’t remember what it said. But I thought I read that while this was going on and business were shut down, it was going to be like a “default free” period where they can’t take your car or evict you.

Was that in the US? Or am I thinking about somewhere else?

17. L8RSK8R

Sean I'd like to
    Any advise for me signing up Sean....is this something my accountant should do? I'm not very savvy business wise. I know how to gain and retain a customer...
    That's about it.

18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

The premise before that was that Africa in general was very (or more) vulnerable to the virus, than say the US who had very little testing. I agreed and still think that's the case. No one ever said that people with connections were not getting tested if Africa.

19. L8RSK8R

I got 90 day grace periods with Ford motor credit and Hyundai. Doubt it'll do me much good, this shits gonna last a year...at least.

20. My post was a reply to exactly what you typed. That’s it.

Had you actually typed all that other shit, including the part about your friend being a farmer, then my reply would have been different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.