Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Screenshot_20200322-123303.png Screenshot_20200322-124009.png
    Glad customers are blasting these sellers on Amazon that are price gouging.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. Quicktoy likes this.
  4. Some places are figuring out how to handle the hoarding.

I saw a picture yesterday from a store that had hand sanitizer....

1 bottle - $2
    2 bottles - $96

5. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

My coworker and I had the same shit right after Christmas. She thinks we already had Covid.

I hacked lung goo for 6 weeks. The first 2 weeks I woke up gasping.

Was not fun. I chalked it up to just a bad respiratory infection at the time.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This is going to be awkward when the first one in here croaks.
    Story doesn't end there. After you are dead, your loved ones can't come to the funeral. When you look beyond the numbers, there is some real pain being spread out there.
    I remember when they announced the first one in France. It was only one too. :D
    Going from 1 to 10 is a much smaller event than going from 0 to 1.
    The biggest acceleration in the number of cases in France in the early days was traced to an evangelical church retreat not far from the German border. They had hundreds of folks from all over the place congregate for a few days at that event and take the shit back to their hometowns.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...not-fully-treating-covid-19-patients-over-60/

"An Israeli doctor in Italy says colleagues have told him that hospitals in the city of Parma are not providing extensive medical care to people over 60 years old with the coronavirus, due to a shortage of equipment.
    “Over 60 there is less antibiotics and full anesthesia, under this age we help until the end and give oxygen,” Gal Peleg tells Channel 12 news.
    He stresses this is not the case in all of Italy and that he personally was providing care to everyone, regardless of age."

tl:dr A guy said he heard from some other guys this might possibly be happening in one town.

Quicktoy, scottn and mpusch like this.
  8. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Buy a gallon of cheap vodka and put it in a spritz bottle.

Will kill virus just fine.

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I've been awkward my entire life.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

How long after that first death did they put the populace under house arrest?

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

FTFY

Vodka is about 80 proof. Not nearly strong enough to kill the virus according to the CDC. You would need something at the very least ~120 proof.

tony 340 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  12. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

13. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I had Flu B, so definitely not Covid. That said, had a fever of 104.2 for 18 hours, despite being in a tub full of cold water. At that point, I couldn't even get to my phone to call for help. Being alone can be nice, except for times like that. I had that same cough for about the same time period, and actually ended up rupturing a disc in my back from the muscle spasms. At this point, I don't really care what flu is out there. I CAN'T get sick again.

14. Painful and drawn out way to die is what bothers me the most about Italy right now.

15. The wife saw a vlog of a dude who was originally in Wuhan and was on lockdown for 2 months.

He finally out, managed to get to the UK.........only to be on lockdown again. His current vlog has a tone of “fuck me”. :crackup:

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: my first thought on that one too :D

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yesterday NC 184 cases, 5,276 tests completed.
    Today NC 255 cases, 6,438 tests completed.

Check your own state Dept of health and hopefully they are making an effort to track.

Source
    https://www.ncdhhs.gov/covid-19-case-count-nc

18. Oh and most IR thermometers a lot of us have for tires you can easily change the surface settings and makes for a quick and efficient thermotoer to do a quick scan of your family. Turn the laser off for obvious reasons. Sounds silly but it’s a quick way to do a check before reaching for the real thermometer. And as always, oral and rectal thermometers should be clearly marked as to avoid confusion :)

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bullshit. There is nothing that remotely supports your conclusion. Nothing real at least. I agree on the genie and the infection rate but that would lead to a conclusion the exact opposite of yours.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  20. Sad they can only check that few. I cannot seem to get a straight answer on when and why there aren’t way more test kits out there. All info seems to conflict.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.