1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

One of the best I have ever seen. Still, his comment offended me greatly. My parents are boomers. He never thought about that fact.

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

When I was really young I took a rock in the eye at 55MPH. Had to stay inside all summer, could not read (couldn't see out of that eye for bit), could not watch TV, no bright lights, could not even go to the flat track state championship let alone grid up. I survived you will to.

YamahaRick and Phl218 like this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If I had known, I'd have walked around hugging the little shits back when H1N1 was wild.

G 97 likes this.
  4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Fake news it is far more likely he/our government would give it away. Think on it economic chaos is not in our interest.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Rhymes with one of these?

[​IMG]

Lawn Dart likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

One good thing about this and social distancing and all that crap is it's easier to push off the hoverers that stand too close to you when you go to pay with your credit card or just too close in general. Either they have no sense of personal space or they are trying to get your credit card info or they're just idiots. They come in too close, you cough a few times into you elbow or hand in their direction and <BOOM> they step back. If they don't, just tell the cashier in between coughs that you just got back from 1) San Fran 2) Europe or in cases of an insistent hoverer 3) China and let off a a wet cough in their direction.

Lawn Dart, G 97, Phl218 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Graduated in '74, the market was tight even then but so what. My grand parents took their honeymoon by wagon, They traveled 50 miles to my great grandmother's house in Marysville PA. My grandfather was getting inducted into the army the next week (WW1) so time was of the essence. They could have taken the train but that cost money. All things considered we don't have it too bad.

Boman Forklift, Phl218 and Fonda Dix like this.
  8. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Well I may not get to take our trip after all. Looks like alot of places are closing campgrounds and state parks.

9. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

forrest service dispersed camping look it up

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

If you, or your facility has the means to shift production to ventilation equipment, then by all means pursue it. With the equipment comes the need for qualified staff to monitor and manage it too. The lack of equipment to deal with increased volumes is one thing, the lack of qualified staff to manage it is another.

Don't take my post as shitting on your idea, I'm not at all, just trying to temper the situation a bit and say that airway management is not as simple as 3d printing a pump and handing it to someone in scrubs. I know in times of crisis everybody want to "do something" to help. That's a great attitude, and I've never been one to shit on outside ideas, as sometimes the best solutions to complex problems come from unlikely sources with different perspectives. Lets hope some good comes from this.

I agree with your line of thinking in that at the basic fundamental level a respirator is just a series of simple mechanical and electrical systems tied together supplying positive and negative pressure via controlled inputs and outputs. Yeah, probably could be controlled with a Pi. It's one of those things that's not really a complex problem, but it is a bit. I'm kinda curious to follow this movement though.

Your link mentions mask production, and I honestly think that would be a fantastic avenue to pursue. If anybody still remembers how to sew anymore (I do, do you?) Do we produce suitable material here anymore? Even have the capabilities to produce materials on these shores? I know in the grand scheme of things it's not profitable to produce that stuff here, but in a national emergency sewing masks together to distribute to the public at large to contain and prevent the spread is a relatively low/semi skilled job that could quickly pop up as a cottage industry. Also brings up the problem of potentially diverting the supply chain of material from the healthcare industry, but if it could be done in parallel?

A whole lot of industries and skilled people are being idled down. Would be great to pair those skillsets with industries in need. Interesting debate/problem solving fodder. Something I'd much rather think about trying to solve than trying to find TP.

11. Fonda Dix

This is beyond stupid. The point of the wilderness is to be alone. Seems like the goal is house arrest, NOT social distancing.

G 97 and baconologist like this.
  12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Airbnb is still up and lots of places have availability

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Dr. Fauci is one of the best PR guys I've ever seen. And he's not a PR guy.

14. Fonda Dix

Not here. All guests must be out by 8am tomorrow, statewide.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

tl1098 likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

God I use to fn hate this when the chuckle head behind me in line at airport security check, or any check out line, or any food line would be right on my ass as the line would move ahead and I always kept a three foot space in from of me. Happens all the time. And then when they step on the back of your foot. Im really enjoying this social distancing thing, it should be implemented on a wider basis. LOL.

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I hate those guys too. So I turn around and face them in the line. That gets them to back off a bit.

18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You just equated RV campgrounds with wilderness. Beyond something, for sure...

19. Fonda Dix

Stay out of Asian countries then. You can feel folks breath on you at Shanghai Disney. Thank goodness I am 6'2".

20. Here is an interesting site that shows the numbers. This site is updated daily. It is scary when you see the "new deaths" column and see how many deaths were reported in the last day. Italy has had an additional 345 deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.