1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

This. Just started a new job and I told them I didn't have any interest in working from home for a long while. Now I might be forced to. My son's school is closed until April 5 and my wife will stay home with the other 2. I will definitely take up drinking.

Metalhead and cav115 like this.
  2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yeah we won't be really back to normal until sometime next year. Lots of things will change permanently after this. My money is on MotoGP not having a season this year at all. Anyone wanna take me up?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

S'alright, normal was a hot mess anyway.

4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I’m really curious to see if this leads to a resurgence of US manufacturing in the longer term. How many companies are losing millions by not being able to get their goods from overseas?

YamahaRick and Pixelator like this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hate to say it Mongo but don't be too surprised if we start seeing things that will never happen countrywide here, start happening countrywide here if the situation keeps sliding. Optimism is certainly good, and I hope none of it needs to happen.....but this is fairly unprecedented in our time. SARS and H1N1 didn't cause anything even remotely close to this kind of a response.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

May happen in some urban areas but flat out the overall US will not allow themselves to be imprisoned in their homes if they don't have passes or the like. Especially for something that has not remotely shown to be a significant danger to the overwhelming majority of them. Sooner or later the sane ones will push back on the stupid ones.

MikeR, 418, baconologist and 2 others like this.
  7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You have more faith in the amount of smart ones vs dumb ones than I do anymore.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

For brevity's sake, read some of the reports coming out of Northern Italy. I posted a link to their new medical guidelines...

9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

He's young and sounds otherwise healthy so while it might suck for a bit he should be just fine. He sounds like a typical mid 20's stubborn Male though lol. You probably already know this but you can buy stuff through amazon and have it shipped to his door. Buy him a thermometer, and some pedialyte and have it shipped straight to his stubborn ass. Maybe a few rolls of tp too lol. Hoping for the best, for him and anybody else here going through it.

When I made it through h1n1 that was the hardest part, trying to get hydrated and my body back to normal. It just knocked me down flat like nothing I'd ever experienced before. I felt like a juice box you squeeze when there's no more juice left. I lost 17lbs over 3 days. Gained it back with interest eventually but it was weeks before I felt normal again. I fully anticipate getting Covid-19 given the Wifes profession (RT), and my shit luck. I just hope I don't transmit it to any of our parents or other immunocompromised friends and relatives (i'm limiting contact with everyone anyway ;)) before I show symptoms. Any signs or symptoms and I'm locking myself in. I need a long vacation anyway.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

11. Montoya

The Brookings Institute had a good report, advocating that this will likely permanently alter the global supply chain.

12. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

Soccer. Yes

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nice! :up:

Lee#144 likes this.
  14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

15. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Hey Rob.

Raise my kids the same way to avoid drugs at all costs.

We should be very proud. Which I'm sure you are.

At the same time hope is well.

Boman Forklift and Montoya like this.
  16. Montoya

That option, has to be on the table. How it can be implemented.. effectively... is the trillion dollar question. When H1N1 struck I was on a corporate pandemic committee, we took it seriously. It was the first time I had ever been involved with planning for one, and I was amazed at the level of planning that the company requested. Quite honestly I personally, didn't take the threat that seriously at the time but due diligence planning is always important. I mentioned a few times, months ago, that this is one with characteristics to be concerned about. It's very different than the others you mentioned and had a much higher probability of spreading, achieving exponential growth, and ultimately exceeding the capacity of our medical system. That is the deep concern, and we now see the general public and mass media starting to realize that, hence the "flatten the curve" trends that have been occurring across social media.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Pixelator, Sabre699, casjoker and 2 others like this.
  18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Lol they have duplicated it. Which is a huge step. Now to see what else besides bleach that kills it and can be shot up our veins.

19. Montoya

20. Montoya

As an FYI since there are many business owners here. The small business administration has approved loss of income disaster loans for up to $2M. HERE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.