1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You guys are giving out your email to way too many people... :crackup:

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's the throwaway address, but still...

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

So worst case scenario we'll be back to normal by June at the latest.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I haven't gotten a single email.

5. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Don't worry. By next week when that portfolio triples, you'll have plenty.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Probably too early to know for sure.....some are speculating we'll hit our peak in late April early May and then it will start to slowly decline. Some are speculating a peak in June.

Others warn that this could play out similarly to the 1918 Spanish Flu. After the initial hit and then it subsided, it came back in the fall and killed even more people than it did in the first pass. During that pandemic if I remember correct it actually affected mostly younger folks, not like this.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I just got an email from our IT folks (work e-mail address). Some fine upstanding scumbags are using the current "crisis" to distribute malware. The attack they caught was a site pretending to be a live map by Johns Hopkins. According to our people it infects users with the AZORRult trojan. Surf safe.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Heard about that the other day as well. Even the Johns Hopkins map is starting to lag with its data now anyway. Not that useful. I downloaded the COVID-19 tracker app. You can quickly track things in your immediate vicinity, it's pretty nifty. Haven't checked to see if Android has similar though.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/healthlynked-covid-19-tracker/id1500575377

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't have a need to know at that level of detail.

10. Venom51

Ohhh...I'm not saying they aren't being sent but I don't get them. I keep addresses on multiple services and all of those are heavily filtered on the way in before the stuff I want gets forwarded to the last hop where it goes through one more round of filtering. I'm sure if I went and looked at any of those addresses there are plenty there. They just don't make it to the mail server on which I actually use email.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Why don't you just call us computer peasants and be done with it? :crackup:

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Evidently, he'd be holding back some....

13. Venom51

Hey look at the bright side at least you get to ban me on occasion. :D

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Meh, it's only satisfying in large numbers. :D

15. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

16. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Florida should be reimbursing racers for their travel cost. Thats ridiculous.

17. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Well, thanks again to whoever got the Dungeon closed. I'm teaching from home for the next two weeks AND my kids are home from school. Oh, did I mention that my wife works from home? Right now I'm more worried about staying sober than dying.

L8RSK8R, jrsamples, Circacee and 3 others like this.
  18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup:

19. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I've been through a bunch of hurricanes in my 20+ years on the east coast of Florida and I have never seen my local Publix like it was this evening. Can't even buy hamburger.

People are loosing it.

Pixelator likes this.
  20. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

While it may not come as surprise, some of the discussions on tuition and room/board refunds are bewilderingly absurd.

No, most definitely no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.