1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hows that work??? I mean we all know Heineken tastes like shit!!!!

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

It’s strong so you still piss weak PBR. PBR weak so you piss just piss ;)

3. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

hey look, a possible ray of sunshine in all this!

auminer likes this.
  4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

No. Ordinary soap is plenty good at breaking it down.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Supercross > SuperFlu... it was no match for racegas fumes and sand roost...lol

badmoon692008 and baconologist like this.
  6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

I <3 the smell of MR12 in the morning!

:insert: Hedrix video of Star Spangle Banner /

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I try to do that anyway. :crackup:

YamahaRick likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

From what I heard a scientists or healthcare professional (I forget which) explain on TV here, soap only serves to detach the virus from your skin so the water can wash it away. I suppose that means it makes no difference if it's antibacterial or not. Most important is how you wash your hands (between the fingers at the base, under your fingernails…), not what kind of soap your use.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I ask because the shelves have plenty of regular liquid hand soap, but people are fretting over the lack of anti-bacterial. Panic coupled with ignorance.

David-imoddavid likes this.
  10. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I think we should replace land of the free and home of the brave with what you wrote above. Perfect American motto.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Anti-bacterial soap shouldn't really be used all the time anyway. It gets rid of the good bacteria as well as the bad.

bigtime, baconologist and Quicktoy like this.
  12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It's all for naught anyway, we're doomed, doomed I tell you.
    I'm going to go to the funeral home and prepay for a cremation so I don't end up laying outside
    in a stack of people who didn't plan ahead. You have to stay on top of this shit.

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

This. I don’t ever use it.

OldSchlPunk likes this.
  14. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

If I dont shower for a few days I’ll build more antibodies, right?

15. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

The way I had it explained to me is that the virus has a fatty component that helps hold itself together. the soap breaks this fatty part up and in turn breaks the virus.

HPPT and noles19 like this.
  16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I'm not against using it if its the soap, but we don't buy it. Have two kids under 4 and I don't think we have a bottle of hand sanitizer in the house...maybe a travel one somewhere. What I don't do though are all those natural this and that cleaners. If I am cleaning a surface, I want to know that everything on it is gone or dead.

Quicktoy, R Acree and Yzasserina like this.
  17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You will build up enough bacteria to create a safety zone around yourself that should protect you.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

It also kills the good bugs in your septic system. I told my wife to quit buying it several years ago for that reason. A well functioning septic tank is important. :D

19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

A good shit replaces them though.

jrsamples likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Except for one HUGE problem with that mortality rate - you have absolutely no idea what the true number of infected is. Makes it impossible to figure out a mortality rate. Not enough tests, tests aren't easy to get, people with mild symptoms will never even get tested. All you have is a pretty high rate of mortality for those sick enough to go to the hospital. Pretty sure that isn't much different than the normal flus every year.

turner38, Fonda Dix, 418 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.