MotoGP Sling Subscribers PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Mar 10, 2020.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

For those of you that did the Sling deal at the beginning of the MotoGP season last year...

Like me you gave a credit card. Well, it's auto renew and if you don't cancel you're going to get charged $10 a month (like I just did). You need to go online and cancel.

2. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Damn that sucks, auto renew is always a pita with some subscriptions.

I recently found out that Netflix keeps all your personal information including credit card number on file and no way to delete it off their records even with account cancellation. :mad:

3. rd400racer

Not only that, but when I went to Sling's site to cancel, their program kept adding it back again. Finally had to call to remedy the situation.

cav115 likes this.
  4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

So, you don`t want to be a "slinger?" :D

rd400racer likes this.
  5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Same here when I cancelled last year...they finally stopped stalling when I said "I'm trying different streaming services; if you make it a hassle for me to cancel it will ensure I NEVER come back"

rd400racer likes this.
  6. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

My sis uses her bank's "temporary" credit card for that sort of transaction.

I don't know exactly how it works, but she says she can deactivate the card after the transaction so no further charges are possible.

7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

For those looking to actually replace Sling as a streaming TV service now that there's no need for Bien - I switched to YouTubeTV a few months ago and I'm much happier with it. Unlimited DVR and more well rounded channel lineup without deciding on add ons and such. Also has local stations including CBS and ABC

8. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I think that is the virtual credit card number a bank can provide.

YamahaRick likes this.
  9. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Moto GP races are still on sling sport package. Not sure why you would get rid of it. WSB, SX, Motot 2 and moto 3 recorded this weekend wen I was away on vacation.

10. rd400racer

What!? Why is that the complete opposite of everything I've read and heard. I even looked for it and couldn't find it.

11. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

Yea, me too - I just canceled Sling on Sunday....??

I couldn’t find it either...

12. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

A coworker of mine said MGP was on NBCSN this weekend. He said it was from Qatar. I'm guessing it was last year's race.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Not necessarily, they ran moto 2 & 3. I don't know what NBC showed, I watched it on the MOTOGP pass.

14. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Yes, but I don't think they showed that until Monday. I could be wrong though.

15. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

It's still on sling on NBC sports with the sports package. Yes moto2 and moto3 were delayed until Monday. Supercross and wsbk are on that channel too. All recorded for me.

Also I got a promo email from sling were they gave me a airtv box and antenna for free if I pre paid 3 months. I did it and I can watch all the over the air channels in my area and dvr shows. Then watch ota shows live or recorded from the app on my phone or from my tv etc..

G2G likes this.
  16. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Not if you only had the $10 month or $70 year "international sports" package that includes BeIn. NBC not included in that.

17. G2G

G2G I feel the need

My package is not the international. Its some kind of sports package that has BEIN and NBC sports. I will take a pic of it when i get home.

Skter505 and motoboy like this.
  18. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Edited for stupid joke.

G2G likes this.