1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race Van

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by yamageezer, Mar 3, 2020.

1. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a another vintage worthy race van. Ideally an 80s club wagon or similar. Anything?

2. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I think they race vans in 24 Hours of Lemons. ;)

3. yamageezer

Smart arse. :p

4. dave3593

5. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I have 92 G30 I am about to be selling. Its actually in pretty good shape. I just put a heater core in it, and finished deleting the Rear A/C. It may need a few O-rings to get the A/C working again. Its a 350 with a 4l80E trans. I just need to finished putting the dash back in.

Not perfect, but its a decent van!

6. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Love my 95 G30! :stupid:

7. yamageezer

Ended up buying a G20 Gladiator conversion van with 350 V8, 105k miles for $750.

dave3593 and 90kacoupe like this.
  8. dave3593

Sounds like a good tow vehicle. I like the idea of getting the job done without breaking the bank.

My tow vehicle is a 2003 six cylinder mustang. Fully loaded my trailer weighs less than a ton. I am surprised how well this mustang works although it looks ratty and I would like something nicer.

yamageezer likes this.
  9. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Love me some old Dodge. Wera sticker included! van resized 2.jpg

evakat and yamageezer like this.
  10. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I always thought of a full size van as an enclosed trailer with a motor. My old 15 passenger Ford van worked great I could load two bikes and all my gear even with the second bench seat installed. And it was cheap too. I think I paid $1800 for it. It's hard to get anything decent that's bigger than a 5X8 enclosed for that kind of coin.

rdracer134 likes this.
  11. dave3593

For a while I used a Chrysler Voyager van. I had it back when I only had one race bike to move. Great to have a single vehicle with no trailer. Only low bikes would go in the doors though. I got a trailer and the shorter and lower ramp was welcome. So many trade offs.

12. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I forgot I had a Voyager too. Crammed an FZ600 and a 400 Bandit in it a couple of times. Works great if you aren't trying to take a complete motorcycle repair shop to the track. (as I have been known to do occasionally) :)

dave3593 likes this.
  13. dave3593

So did trained snakes attach tie downs in the van for you?

tgold likes this.
  14. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Ferrets!

dave3593 likes this.