1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on V6HW V7HW class structure

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Outsider V6 V7, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And I truly do appreciate that, you guys are why we're here.

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Once again I am the lone wolf in V8hw....but to a big surprise the lone wolf in V7 hw too....this many posts here and no one else here... I am on Steves side from now on...people need to show up or else these classes are gone....

VFR#52 likes this.
  3. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Sorry Marc- no way I can ever make the first Tally round. I should be at most other SE rounds though with my buddy John, so you won’t be alone for those rounds at least. I don’t know what it’s going to take to get people excited to get out there. I’ll have to get faster so I can hang with you, nothing like some nasty vtwins battling man!

TLR67 and VFR#52 like this.
  4. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

And you did awesome out there. Yep I was watching.
    Now I have a great excuse for not being out there.
    I am working and I limit my drives to the least amount because of distance.
    I'm sure next rounds more people will show.
    I'm still on fence about Roeblin in May.
    14.1/2 hr drive from Houston for me.
    But if Not Barber will be my 1st round.
    Go do wheelies and put on a show for corner workers at least and have fun.
    Don is out there in V7MW so go say hi to him.
    Be safe and stay warm and have fun.

Steven

TLR67 and Dyle like this.
  5. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

For me I’m going back old school days. If I can afford to race that weekend, and the race is close enough, or i just got to. Then I’ll stick my old ass and my F3 in V8MW till an event has V7MW. I’ll join back in the V7HW class this year as well but I’m just racing. I don’t have many race years left so if my bike fits I’m there.

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Please tell me you gave a long winded speech while accepting trophy,about how you battled,and the track was going away,and you couldn't have done it without.....and start the never ending list op sponsors and people,, :D

Shenanigans and VFR#52 like this.
  7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

No awards ceremony but I had it all planned out... There were 3 of us battling it out....At the start Me got the hole shot but then after 2 laps Myself took the lead and battled the elements until I stole the race on lap 10 by .oo1

After thinking about it last night I shouldn’t be mad about it.. I do this shit for fun.. Chasing the F1 bikes and only getting lapped by DiSalvo and Louie on the last lap wasn’t bad..I mean hell.. My bike is 22 years older..My Ass s probably 150 pounds heavier and down about 50 HP when all said and done.. For the V7 race I did get all 10 laps in but similar to F1 I had no leg on those 3 Experts in B Superbike...It was a great day once the sun peeked out things were good.. Now I would like to thank WERA for hosting and Richard Harris for keeping the track alive...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    ToofPic, JBall, VFR#52 and 1 other person like this.
  8. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

This thread is making me want to get on the track bad!! Last fall at Nelson Ledges was my last. The track surface there is great. Consistent and grippy.

Dyle and VFR#52 like this.
  9. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it’ll be next year before i return to v8hwt hopefully the turn outs will continue growing

Dyle likes this.
  10. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Hey Mongo, just a reminder to put "TZ 250 up to 1990" back in V6HW.

11. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

At the AHRMA event last weekend, I made it my mission to stop by every Next Gen 1 and Next Gen 2 riders, AKA V6HW and V7HW and let them know about WERA's latest changes to the class structure. Most were unaware of the change but were extremely happy to have another place to race. There were 7 in V6HW and 9 in V7HW classes and should have been more but injuries from Laguna kept a few from showing up. So things ended up pretty much as planned on the weekend with the exception of both classes being scheduled back to back. As an aerobically challenged individual, Mongo knows what I'm talking about, I used Next Gen 2/V7HW as a practice and fellow WERA legend Mike Burns got the holeshot and I was behind him. Lap 2 we were still in this position and as I came on the straight looked back to see where the Corsa Ducati and Mille R were hanging out. Didn't see them so felt pretty good. Lap 3 about half way between start finish and turn 9 I looked back again which is rare for me but saw two bikes coming out of 9. As I was heading toward brake marker 5 the Ducati passed me. Good lord is that thing fast. LOL Next lap I must have created the ultimate draft vortex because here came the big Ape. Mike won on the stock YZF 117 HP machine on Saturday but couldn't hold off the Ducati on Sunday. Overall I question why I would eliminate the big bikes from V6HW based on this result and why in the heck I thought it was a good idea to bump up but I had a great time. Next Gen 1 got beat by the same Ducati but ran a comfortable second. I'm expecting the same type of turnout for WERA Vintage with the same challenges so I've made the decision to retire the blast furnace, the god of thunder, the master of the darkie AKA my 1216 in V7HW and thought I'd try a RADically different approach for this class. Scott Unger knows what I'm talking about. Look forward to seeing all the bikes on the grid and meeting the people I've not met. Get those bikes finished people. LOL

Dyle, ScottyRock155 and VFR#52 like this.
  12. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Eric, it was a pleasure meeting you last weekend at Roebling. The racing was good and clean. Hopefully I can make a few rounds with WERA this year.

Outsider V6 V7 likes this.
  13. Outsider V6 V7

Likewise, hope to see you out with the WERA group. Guarantee we won't be lapping people by the third lap. What's your next race weekend?

14. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Not sure. Big summer of family commitments and crazy work schedule. The other half of our race team is wanting us to do as many of the endurance rounds as we can. That was the main focus last year and really enjoyed it.

15. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Eboz.....what did I tell you about punching such big holes in the air for those boys?????

While there will be a lot of broken hearts retiring the God Of Thunder, aka - Panty Dropper.....I'm sure you'll develop an entire new fan base with the SRAD....especially if you paint it in the Miami Vice theme with the neon pink and purple like we were talking about.

Dyle likes this.
  16. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

17. Outsider V6 V7

KMC I've been in contact with Schlitz Malt Liquor and am feverishly working with them to get the artwork so I can do a wrap on the SRAD. You know it's just as important to build you brand especially when changing equipment. Working on my new team swag for the bull. How does, mess with Boz you get the horns work on a T-shirt. Or Schlitz malt liquor 40's, Not just for breakfast anymore. I'm open for ideas, what you got. LOL

Dyle and VFR#52 like this.
  18. Outsider V6 V7

FYI, Yokohama1 is Jokisch the rider of the Aprilia Mille rolling on the big girl. Should be a fun year in V7HW. Good times, Good times

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

FF59153A-913E-4025-B4FC-249F937AC89F.jpeg Eric we gotta put these on fo sho

Philip Mirgliotta likes this.
  20. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I'll take every one of those you can supply. 35 bikes in the garage and every one needs such a sticker on its can. Right on.

I'm waiting for Eboz to supply the Schlitz Malt Liquor after each race. To Hell with Dogfish Head 60, 75 or 90 Minutes. Gimme da Bull! Provided, of course, the price is right . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

Outsider V6 V7 likes this.