1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National Security

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Buckwild, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I thought this crack deserved its own thread.

Sitting here wondering why would the CIC fire someone they appointed with someone that has zero intel experience? We’re talking about a guy that provided intel on Soleimani that allowed us to take him out.
    Even with the dems and reps trying to kill each other off, why would you play with a position that was intended to protect the American citizens?
    Then this gem - https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...e-job-director-national-intelligence-n1140086

true or not, this narrative connects the dots better than anything I could possibly come up with.
    Personally, I feel the DNI post should be filled with someone politically neutral. Letting political differences get in the way of national security is a dangerous game. This is something that citizens regardless of political affiliation should be thinking about.
    I don’t particularly care for Sunkist, but on the subject of Nat Sec, I have some serious questions.

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I don’t know, man. I think an awful lot depends on what was actually briefed and what reality is. Per the article, it sounds like she made some “Trumped” up statements to the House with zero evidence to support it. If that’s the case, why shouldn’t there be some repercussions? As for who he appoints, we don’t even know who the person is, yet. Where’s your issue based on that article??

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Good thing your opinion doesn’t change that executive appointees serve at the pleasure of the executive.

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

As a business owner wouldn’t you want your cabinet to be biased towards your ideas and ideals as the boss?

5. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

On the subject of national security, I want the best qualified not a ‘yes man’.
    Also, ‘the business’ in this case is the citizens of this country not the CIC.

Newsshooter likes this.
  6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

That scary part.

7. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Joseph Maguire is a ‘she’?

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nothing scary about it, unless of course your OMB and TDS makes you OMFG any time anything happens

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I woke up warm this morning safe in the knowledge that these decisions are being made by a man who has decades of experience in business and three years of experience as the President.

The thought of these decisions being made by a TDS suffering SJW who goes by the name Buckwild gives me chills.

Robby-Bobby, StaccatoFan and brex like this.
  10. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Just wow.

11. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

At the pleasure of the President VS the security of the people he supposedly represents is quite scary. But I get your stance.

12. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Really? You’re going to make me say it?

Do. Better.

13. Fonda Dix

I really dont need to. Your entire sky screaming episode this week is founded in nothing but Trump Derangement Syndrome. You are no different to me than any other unreasonable leftist screaming at the sky about how much they hate Trump. Its fun just to point and laugh.

brex likes this.
  14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Why do you think these are mutually exclusive? Nevermind...trick question. You have TDS so I know why you think this. You TDS sufferers complain that Trump only cares about the USA one day, then he doesn't care about the security of the USA the next day. But don't get me wrong, we find your derangement entertaining so please don't change. :beer:

XFBO, brex and Quicktoy like this.
  15. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

We’re talking about national security fella. But I also get that some folks think crayons are flavored. You’re excused.

16. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

When you hire someone that agrees with you VS someone with experience maybe?
    But I’m the hater

17. Fonda Dix

Oh I know what we are talking about and I find it heart warming that your President has chosen a new and loyal DNI to help protect you, regardless of the hate that fuels your psychosis.
    You are not very sharp man.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    brex likes this.
  18. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

You have an incredible talent for not ever answering a question or backing up your claims. Unfortunately, this talent limits meaningful discussion. Perhaps if you let go of some of the hate...

19. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I’m not entirely sure you have the mental capacity to engage. Imma leave you to you develop that sense of wit you believe you have.

20. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

What question?
    Also what claim?
    Let’s start there.