1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby toy haulers. Yay or nay

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Feb 20, 2020.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

After spending a weekend in @maslov toy hauler I’ve realized just how much more comfortable I could be with a real bed and toilet in the trailer. I hate getting up at night and going to the port o let or bathrooms to pee. (I’m almost 50 and yes you youngsters will understand some day) was looking at the Wolf Pup as they seem reasonable and small enough to still fit in my storage space. ( less than 10’ total height). I don’t like going back to a single axle but could probably get over that. Anyone have any experience with that one or another baby toy hauler?

KneeDragger_c69 and maslov like this.
  2. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

So it begins...

WingLeaner, wortdog and dobr24 like this.
  3. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Subscribed

4. AFC

AFC Well-Known Member

Nice to tow a small toy hauler. I thought the wolf pup was a little narrow - little hard to for me move around in there, maybe ok for you though. Also tough to get 2 bikes in there or if you have many spares. If you are only running one bike and few spares, not too bad, light enough for an suv to tow. (if you go to elkhart, ID you can get a new one for several thousand off). As with maybe all toy haulers, the construction could have been better - cabinet wood screws loosened right away. No electrical or water issues. Nice to have the heat and a/c.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Good luck.

6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Elkhart Indiana.

AFCs phone auto correct was going to send you to Idaho. ;-)

WingLeaner likes this.
  7. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

DIY with a cargo trailer

Ducti89, TLR67 and motoracer1100 like this.
  8. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

9. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

First use? Hope you are enjoying it!

10. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Yes sir! Took a minute to figure out the water heater, but aside from that it was really nice to have heat and comfortable bed to sleep in while it was in the low 30s at Jennings.

Thanks again!

omatter34 likes this.
  11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

12. omatter34

What about the water heater?

13. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

I wasn’t sure how to turn it on, then my buddy found a little on/off switch behind the panel that kicks on the light for the heater and all was well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

omatter34 likes this.
  14. omatter34

Keep in mind if you are hooked up to shore power, the element should turn on automatically. The two red switches in the bathroom are to run the water heater off of gas and the other is to run the water pump if not hooked up to city water.

Don't hesitate to call or text if you ever run in to any other issues.

15. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

we have an Intech Flyer Explore. We love it. Does not have bathroom facilities though as we don't want the hassle of maintaining all that stuff. I have seen many that do a simple bucket with litter in it for a piss bucket so you don't have to walk to bathroom.

Simple, well built and really easy to use for race duty. Just depends on your needs, wants and expectations. It also doubles as a simple enclosed trailer for hauling crap duty. You are always welcome to check ours out.

Metalhead and NemesisR6 like this.
  16. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

I have a 18 foot toyhauler (24 foot overall) It’s perfect for just me it’s very tight with my wife and 4 year old. I would never want to go any smaller.

17. 713

713 Well-Known Member

I have a 2017 wolf pup and love it. Bought it in May of 2017. I've slept almost 100 nights in it. With a trs system, I put a sv650 and R6 in it and still have room leftover for all my stuff. I throw the zuma125 in the back of the truck. I put a Honda rancher 420 in it sometimes for atv trips. So far no major issues. I'll look around for some pics.

John

dobr24 likes this.
  18. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

I have an exact equivalent of the Wolf Pup and love it. Single axle, total about 21 feet. Gross weight about 5,400 pounds. I usually am by myself and it's perfect for just me. If I was bringing the wife and/or kid along it would be insanely tight with the bike in there. If you could unload it first it's fine. We've been on a bunch of camping trips with 3 of us and the dog and it was fine. Mine was about 11 feet tall. I have since replaced the a/c to a more low profile unit and it's about 10'4 still. The door going into my barn gives about an inch or two of clearance when I put it in there but we are able to keep it indoors which is awesome. It's only 7 feet wide so much better visibility towing and I suppose less wind drag than a full size one.

19. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Super nice but out of my budget :(

WingLeaner and Jon Wilkens like this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sorry for the thread jack.....but if any of you are looking small because of price, I have a big toy hauler I’m blowing out. I think it is 26 ft box and 30ft overall.

I just resealed the roof, tested and made sure the water heater, refrigerator, new outside shower, inside shower,toilet, heater, generator, water pump, A/C and refrigerator all work on shore power and propane as well as generator.

Also has a working fueling station and an extra 50 or 100 gallon water tank option from factory.

Still need to repack bearings, but already have it all jacked up and wheels removed.

Also just put on a new 21 foot retractable canopy fabric cover.

Not perfect, has a dent in rear door and a couple tears on vinyl floor, and small hole in wall from handlebar which I might fix, haven’t looked how hard it will be to replace the panel, but found it for only $50 from the manufacturer.

$7200 obo

Metalhead, Phl218 and maslov like this.