1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

First, a commutation isn't a pardon. Second, I wouldn't be surprised if after DJT is re-elected he matches O's pardon (or commutation) rate. He has shown a serious dislike for large sentences for non-violent crimes. Time will tell.

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You looked at the entire list of those pardoned or commuted by Trump? Oh and the order which might show priority.

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Also while Obama had some real stinkers. Like the dude who’s wife was a major donor or the 60s terrorists most of his were also good calls.

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

How convenient. :p

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Didn't Trump push through a law that let the first timers and non violent bs prisoners out without issuing pardons? Something that is much longer lasting and effective even after he's out of office? First something act...

6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Not really, I did my best not to show any bias due to my work, except for the day I told the black lives matter protestor he was a pussy for wearing a mask. :) It was more than a couple years after being laid off that I'd discuss it or make a post like that one. Plenty of things I didn't like about previous admins, just mostly kept them to myself. If you were a good cop I'd guess it was much the same in that job, lots you'd like to say but most you shouldn't. :D

7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

He pardoned who he wanted and there is nothing anyone can do about except piss and moan. Another win for Donny.

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If so that is good news.
    It still doesn't excuse Obama or Trump for using pardons / commuting sentences as political favors and paybacks for campaign donations. With that said, the practice is goes back much further than those two presidents. None of that takes away my right to complain about it and point it out.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Doesn't the bulk of pardons traditionally occur on the last day in office? Trump's record is far from final yet. It doesn't make much sense to compare to other presidents until it's over.

sheepofblue likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. And Obamas being so huge isn't surprising given the shift in attitude towards drug charges.

11. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

That’s the part.
    It doesn’t matter. The canned response for any bullshiggidy is “what about O?” Or “he’s winning”.
    It’s totally OK if he’s your guy.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just as the canned response to the Cheeto doing well is oh that was something Obama started. Both extremes are nuts.

13. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I’m outraged!

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm uppity. Pleased to meet you.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not quite. it’s more about liberal hypocrisy and selective outrage that is happening after Trumps actions from liberal Dems.
    It’s totally OK if you’re a liberal Dem.

16. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

All the rage over a President pardoning yet NY has their catch and release program going fill tilt.

sheepofblue likes this.
  17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Rod Blago, sentence commuted from 14 to 8. Was first arrested in 2008, 12 year ago. Blah, blah, blah...WGAF?

My anomaly radar went up when I learned that Patti Blago, hadn't divorced him. Rod was just over half way through his sentence. She's not that bad looking, and I believe that her daddy has been paying the bills. Plus, she's been active, trying to piss up hill to get him out of the clink.

Gotta be an angle in that loyalty...or TRUE LOVE.

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Correct, it's ONLY outrageous when a Republican let's someone loose or pardons their non-violent crime....but totally cool with catch and releasing thugs, they're even OK with cutting illegals loose instead of turning them over to ICE on the valid detainer which resulted in the rape and strangulation of a 92yo woman....ALL GOOD!!!

Which makes all their fake outrage over what OMB did that much more amusing and they're insinuating that WE (Trump supporters) are OK with his BS because he's doing it.....You can't make this shit up.

G 97 likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

The euro weenies are all a flutter.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-wins-europeans-fear-more-195241039.html

“‘Great again,’ even at the expense of neighbors and partners,” Steinmeier said, referring to the campaign slogan that propelled Trump to the presidency. “Thinking and acting this way hurts us all,” he said, adding that it produced “more mistrust, more armament, less security.”

Well if your country didn’t try to conquer the world and murder six million Jews. You might want to shut up already, Steinmeier and start paying for NATO.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Why bother with a possible future pardon when you can just simply release them the same day they are arrested. :crackup:
    Liberals are awesome.