1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Praying for Ryan Newman

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m not a follower of NASCAR but watched the end of the 500 20 mins ago because it was on and that was a nasty wreck at the finish. Then NASCAR was putting up black blinders before he was put in an ambulance. I’m not sure if he’s ok or not but that looked scary.

jd41 likes this.
  2. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

That was quite a crash, hope he's ok

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

this

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Wow indeed, praying for you racer.

5. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Not good. Hoping for the best.

6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

That was more than ugly

7. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I never seen the blinders. When did it show them. This feels all to familiar with Earnhardt...

8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Very scary the way his car “bent” when he got hit. Prayers to him and his family that he’s going to be ok but it’s not looking good.

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. zjay

zjay Well-Known Member

The second hit was gnarly.

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They didn't show them on TV, it was when they flipped the car over and cut him out.
    Hopefully he's okay

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I was more concerned that the car was going to catch fire. It looked like gas was pouring out of the car, and a flame nearby when they zoomed in right after the crash.

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. Quicktoy

13. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The available info doesn't sound great imcluding media being asked to leave the pits. Hoping it's all over reaction.

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the wall didn’t look too bad but then again neither did Earnhardt. When he got flipped up though, looked like it came right through his window.

15. Quicktoy

Correct. And I’m reading conflicting stories from people on the ground on twitter. Some say his hand was motionless. Others say he was coherent. So I don’t know but hoping and praying he’s ok.

noles19 likes this.
  16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yeah that was scary. At that point they hadn't shown the other car hitting him, which was the big issue.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Never saw him come out of the car either. Then they sprayed the fire out I couldn't help thinking how that crap chokes you. No choice.

Seeing the slo mo the car that passed underneath his inverted car caved in the top roll cage driver's side. Crushed. :(

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  18. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

I have never hit refresh on Twitter like I have tonight hoping for good news. Going to be a sleepless night after watching that live on TV

19. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I did that when Wickens got hit at Pocono. Say a prayer and get off Twitter; it's an emotional wrecking ball at a time like this.

20. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

I just heard news that it is serious but non life threatening. So hopefully all is going to be ok here.