1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Damn! 2000? Time flies! I specifically remember that picture but the photo in question had several large ships on it. Over its or some capacity limit. I had to throw in the B.S. Flag.

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Quick google search says the fast-charge stations are 480 volt supplying somewhere between 72-250 kW.

3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Papa showed the evidence.

[​IMG]

4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Are you telling me Papa was prepared to go through more than 16,000 posts just so you could pop me?
    Well, you tell him it's on. :D

6. speedluvn

upload_2020-2-17_8-18-50.jpeg
    I’m seeking some clarification in the above picture. I knew the shipping ship existed. It appears that the ships being ship are for scrap. A lot of systems probably have been removed To reduce weight but I was curious as to the number of ships being carried and the shipping ship’s gross carrying capacity.
    When I first saw the picture the ships being carried appeared to be some sort of cruise ships.

7. speedluvn

That dude works overtime! No stone goes unturned :blart:

8. baconologist

Dude...Google....

The Blue Marlin's cargo carrying capacity is around 30,000 tons and the ease with which the 505 feet and 6,800 ton USS Cole was shipped from one part of the world to another, proves that the ship was designed to endure and carry cargo

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This place is full of ship.

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Get your own cheesy dad jokes.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I only had to go back two pages, man. :D

Johnny B likes this.
  12. speedluvn

Thanks for your Goggle-foo service :beer:
    I’m counting at least 7 ships that can be seen. I would assume the ships had their engines remove and headed somewhere for scrap metal. I don’t know spit about ocean going vessels. It would seem to me that all of the ships pictured, plus what we can’t see seemed to be at or near the Blue Marlin’s carrying capacity. especially using your info of the Cole being 6,800 tons fully operational.
    There is a collective knowledge on the beeb that goes far & above “goggling”. I was posing that question to those who have more experience with this subject. I’m not discounting the information that you provided.

13. baconologist

as specialized as land based heavy transport is. I’m sure they don’t move those ships for less than a full load. Unless it’s a special deal like the Cole.

speedluvn likes this.
  14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

What's the post # for which I am being busted? The defense has a right to see all evidence presented against them. :rtfrb:
    :D

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The smaller ship transports carry yachts. Easy low risk way to cross the Atlantic.

[​IMG]

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  16. auminer

When it comes to cheesy dad jokes I'm a ship off the ol' block...

o_O:p

17. baconologist

fify

auminer likes this.
  18. auminer

Gneiss....

19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

We need moor of these dad ship jokes.

20. pickled egg