1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoei’s Next Road Helmet

Discussion in 'General' started by spcassell, Feb 14, 2020.

1. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

Want to grab a new helmet and was curious if anyone knew when Shoei is coming out with the newer iteration of the X-14. Last time I bought a X-12 Shoei released the X-14 within a couple months.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I have two X-14s, 2 RF1200s and 2 RF1100s. I’ve had Shoei helmets that date back before the X came into the name.

They fit me, nothing else does. I’ve crashed tested many of them.

Bottom line I like Shoei helmets.

3. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

love my x14, very quiet lid. Ski

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

No idea about new models but I've had Shoeis as far back as the RF700s. Always comfy and quiet but I couldn't say what noise is like back to the RF900s(?) cuz I started wearing earplugs. I've never had an issue with the brand and wouldn't hesitate to buy the next model if, like you, I knew when it was coming out.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  5. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

I’m a shoei guy also as they fit my head the best. I just recently purchased an XLite 803 RS bc I needed a new lid and it fits just like the shoei so there is another option if you choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

You can always check Shoei Japan, as they have models we don't have.
    I got me last year the X-Fourteen YANAGAWA5
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And if you search in Europe (pretty much the same models as North America) they're called the X-Spirit III

BTW, I purchased from croooober Really great price and fast shipping.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  7. skidooboy

KN_c69... you are an asshole :D thought i would be the only one in the states with it. i have the same helmet LOL!. ordered from Japan as well. :D didnt like the u.s offerings for graphics. looks like we both have the same tastes in helmets. good on you. the only thing i did was have my local graphic guy make my number for the back, to give it "my" touch. Ski

8. KneeDragger_c69

Not to upset you event more but I masked the 87 on the winglet to put my own touch as well....

BUT... be happy, you are the only one in the USA with it :D since I live in Canada :p... well until I come down to race my Americano friends ! ;)

And yes, we have great taste in helmets !!! lol

Newyork likes this.
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Always wore Shoei because they fit me.

Until I tried AGV. Same fit, slightly better helmets imo. Much better liners.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    elvee likes this.
  10. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

Need to check them out. I flat out have a Shoei shaped head. I have numerous Arai helmets, all at least 10 years old, and they are still in great shape. I've got a couple X-12's and the liners are disintegrating just sitting there. Bought a couple of replacement liners so I can keep using them. The liners in all of my Arai's look like new.

I hate all of the graphic offerings for the US X-14. Not sure why they can't put together some decent looking designs. Arai has numerous badass designs. I was going to pick up a couple white X-??, whatever is next, and put my design on one and do a tribute lid with Santiago Villa's old design on the other. Just hate buying a X-14 and then this summer they release the latest greatest next new thing.

Helmet Small Barb.jpg 193616_10150156213190590_1944024_o.jpg

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Check em out, I have Arai also but they're a pain the head after a while. Only Shoei and AGV fit me comfortably. I have had the same problem with Shoei liners as well, they disintegrate. The liners in my Arai and AGV are as good as new and I keep them all clean.

Definitely try on AGV if you have a "Shoei head". One other brand I found that fits me similarly is Schuberth. Just not as common to find.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

X-16?

Hasn't it gone X-11, X-12, X-14.....so did they skip unlucky #13, or did they switch to a 2 digit jump? We'll find out if the next helmet is called X-15 or X-16 I suppose.

13. skidooboy

we have a vacation home in Northern Ontario, near Wawa, so my lid goes there when on the sportbike. :D dodged a bullet there though... still can dream i have the only one in the states. LOL! Ski

14. fastfreddie

They're switching to anally referenced nomenclature...X-idb.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I heard that was Volkswagen's motivation when naming their electric supercar the IDR.....InDaRear

16. fastfreddie

I thought it might have been an annual reference, but then I remembered I had a X-11 Kiyonari in '06, maybe earlier.
    [​IMG]

17. KneeDragger_c69

well if you're up here, you should try a round with SOAR or RACE or event better any of the Ontario CSBK events ;)
    So we could be the only two on the grid with that helmet... unless you want to be the only one, then I'll bow down and use the other one I have lol :p

skidooboy likes this.
  18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Same here in blue. Because Kiyo! :beer:

19. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

+1 on the AGV fitting very close to Shoei. I have had many versions of Shoei over the years (Hornet X2, VFX-W, X12, and a lot of older models). The newer AGV helmets fit very close as far as the shape of the head, but the sizing can be a little different in the mid sizes, mainly because of the MS and ML sizes in most of the AGV helmets. S = 55-56cm, MS = 57-58cm, ML 59-60cm, L 60-61cm, XL 61-62cm (Pista GP R sizes). The stuff made since 2017 or so has much nicer liners and fit compared to any of the older helmets.