1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FZR Yahoo Groups- where did it all go?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Estebann, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Estebann

Estebann Member

Im just now hit with the fzr bug (third time again) and have been searching endlessly for direction on how to best build my fzr400 track/race bike.

So with Yahoo taking down all yahoogroups, was anyone able to “backup” that group site?

ricracer16 and BlueR32 like this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

We could always discuss building them on here. And as an additional bonus,Im a professional FZR Unbuilder:D

BlueR32 and pscook like this.
  3. britx303

I didnt realise the yahoo group went away. I thought I was just getting emails with current conversations..........they became rarely FZR based,so I wasnt reading them more than a quick skim. 1st the archives,now that yahoo group. I say screw it,lets do it. Theres just something about FZRs I enjoy racing, even if I get last place. I have had more fun losing on FZRs than getting podiums on other bikes...........besides my 1st gen R6........that thing is the cats meow! stepping off FZRs to one of those:Putter:!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlueR32 and pscook like this.
  4. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

I'm all in for some FZR discussions. I have two FZR400's .... a JDM 3EN1 model for the street, and a 1WG for the track. There's a lot of good knowledge among the membership of this forum for FZRs.
    Bring it on! Hopefully I will contribute something helpful too.

5. Estebann

Estebann Member

Im in! I can contribute with lots of dismantling photos...

Attached Files:

britx303 likes this.
  6. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

right now im cleaning the carbs and draining the old coolant. then im on to forks, brakes and tires. [​IMG]

Estebann likes this.
  7. BlueR32

Esteban let us know what questions you have about your track bike build and let's try to help you out

8. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I have had like 5-6 FZR in my racing/track lifetime.
    I truly miss the archives and the yahoo groups... always had a ton of info posted on there for reference.

9. britx303

Don't forget....or just in case you haven't seen it yet.......FZRs are one of the bikes specifically called out in both rulebooks that call for reinforced engine covers on both sides.

10. britx303

Nice!! Thats about as far as we've gotten with my daughters FZR build so far.

11. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

There is still FZROnline.
    http://www.fzronline.com
    They have a forum too but it is not really active, but you can search it. Questions you have would best be posted in the WERA Vintage forum. I'll contibute what little I know.

12. cyclocrossfool

thanks, what did you use if I may ask.? maybe a pic or two? thanks, tom

13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Not to turn this into the old Yamaha sportbike forum, but I have some, lots, of experience with the Seca 550, FJ600 and FZ600.

britx303 likes this.
  14. britx303

[​IMG][​IMG]

Estebann, BlueR32 and cyclocrossfool like this.
  15. britx303

Or factorypro has them too. Sometimes they pop up on ebay used for a decent price

16. britx303

As long as its yamaha..........I dont mind:p

17. cyclocrossfool

the wera rulebook makes no mention of the left side,? or did I miss it?
    I noticed a lot of safety wire on the bike, so I went down to look at the right side engine cover and [​IMG]

18. britx303

Ive seen those in pictures only. Im guessing its a strengthened disc of some sort that bolts through over top of the stock cover. All race prepped FZRs ive encountered had the ones like I showed,but I don't see why that wouldn't pass tech. Now you just need one for the stator side...............or is that one not the stock,or have a strengthened cover as well?

19. BlueR32

I had one like that on my track bike. Problem was that I could never get the cover behind it to seal properly so there was always an oil weep. Switched to NRC and no leaks any more.

20. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

I was sure the stator cover was dry - why does it need a reinforced piece?