1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travis Pastrana and Miss Geico!

Discussion in 'General' started by scottn, Feb 13, 2020.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

11,700 pounds? God damn they are heavy.

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Not going to post a pic because its a small world, we left an owner with our/ his tender when the captain told him in a nice way its better if you don't have it. A 43 midnight express w quads, hit 88 on the gps last time I was on it. 1.2 million dollar tender. Got towed back to the dock upside down 2 months later, no one was killed, but still don't understand how you can flip a boat like that in calm waters.

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm 45 minutes from Alex Bay if you're ever up here again and want to stop in.

4. That guy had no clue and especially on a Fountain which are a bit squirrelly chime walking machines if you don’t know what you are doing. Always been an issue with his hull designs as like most go fast things there is always compromise. No, I am not saying they are bad boats by any means Reggie just had a certain time philosophy for hull design.

JBraun likes this.
  5. Especially a Midnight Express with quads. Being stable is one of their strong points

6. 44 outer limits so burns give or take 180 gal/ hr when pushing it with the 1150’s. That’s in “pump” gas mode around 80ish. Jump up to 100 it’s about 235-250 depending on conditions. Shockingly good at cruising speed around 60mph is decent at 65-70 gph.

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

My dad keeps his Carver at Bonnie Castle Marina. He usually goes up in the summers but I haven’t been up in years. He’s from Watertown. Where are you?

8. Banditracer

About 7 miles from the river / border near Ogdensburg. Down river heading east from A Bay.

9. Captain Morgan

It wasn't the boats fault, this was a young trust fund guy that would drink a bottle of vodka, then decides he wants to take the midnight out at night going 90mph. Me and the Captain new it was a bad idea to leave the boat with him on a certain island where he had a house, the Captain tried every excuse not to leave the boat. But the owner is the boss and no is not an answer in yachting if you like your job.

10. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I used to fly old beech 1900s into watertown and ogdensburg back to PIT. Small world.

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. Banditracer

Sure is. I just picked my wife up at the Ogd. airport on Thursday. They're flying 737's to Fla. out of there now.

12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Anyone remember the old Quick Motors in Watertown?

13. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Buddy had a 19' Baja with a 454, then I think it was 21.5' Fountain V hull with twin 350's, lab balanced, laser cut props. Neither was stupid fast but 70 on the water is a far cry from the street. Watched a few of those twin 500 ci blown cats teeter (literally) the edge. Nothing like watching someone almost kill them selfs on a quarter million dollar boat.

Funny story, we went down to Tims Rivershore off the Potomac and had a few floating around the water, I tried to adjust to a wake and accidentally kicked the prop, not hard, but that thing was so damn sharp opened me up like a like a pop top. Couple of stitches, later on the way back I went to get a beer from the cabin, he popped a wave and I went head first in to the bulkhead. Fun day.

Looked it up it was a Formula 292 twin step with two 350's, and we only hit mid 70's with his performance mods. Baja was 25' outlaw, bout the same speed, but not nearly as comfortable doing it.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  14. That was my point, not like got squirrelly in a bass boat.

15. Captain Morgan

Guilty pleasure of watching those on youtube, lol