1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable help

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Bear with me....I want to move my tv to the opposite side of the room. It's hardwired to the cable box, and I have no way to reroute the cable to where I want it. Is there some way to make the cable box wireless to where it will talk to a smart tv 25' away?

2. joec

joec brace yourself

You don't have cable internet? Your smart TV should be wifi connected or it's not actually a smart TV.

3. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

There's a wireless HDMI kit but not sure what the range is. It should work 25 ft, but not positive.

Or cut the cord and stream cable.

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yes, you would need something like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00630WKGI/?tag=thewire06-20&linkCode=xm2&ascsubtag=AwEAAAAAAAAAAQSX
    Connect the transmitter box to your cable box via HDMI and connect the receiver box to your TV via HDMI.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Ok so, cable comes into house and splits. One goes to the main room and splits to feed a modem for internet, and the other goes to the cable box which is hooked to the tv per HDMI. In the room in question, it feeds to a cable box and is hooked in to the tv via HDMI. that's the one I want to move but no way to rerout cable.

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

7. joec

joec brace yourself

I don't have cable. I think I'm on too much cold medicine. My TV just connects to my wifi and I watch crap on YouTube etc. I don't bother with "cable" anymore. Hd antenea for local broadcast stuff just but I barely watch that. I for some reason thought they had this figured out to be wireless at this point. RuPaul's drag race can probably be found on YouTube. Just saying.

8. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Have you tried cable provider? We had wireless boxes when we had Uverse.

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Oh...you want something different that what we installed...?
    [​IMG]

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I thought this was about something else.

[​IMG]

K51000 likes this.
  11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Just leave the fucking thing where it is and go have a beer.

You're welcome.

12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Can you better explain the RuPaul fascination while you’re still on too much cold medication? :Poke:

13. speedluvn

Look mang! Dude is trying to watch RuPaul reruns from the comfort of his bed.

notbostrom likes this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Chicks move the furniture around when they're bored, I'm trying to salvage Ritchies manliness here.
    Next thing you know he'll be buying cozies for his toaster and blender.
    Then window treatments. Faux wall finishes. European flax duvet cover sets. Teacup Bichon Frises. Psychic boutique readings.
    Where in Gawd's name will it all stop?

Phl218 likes this.
  15. speedluvn

Put a cap on it by sending him a box of Kleenex and a six pack of Pabst.

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I've had 5.

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

It stops at my front door. Bitch knows this is my house. It's manly as fuck from top to bottom.

18. joec

joec brace yourself

It's the Robitussin talking.

speedluvn likes this.
  19. speedluvn

Light weight :Poke:

20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

That's just a start.