1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt Helmets

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Feb 14, 2020.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

What's the beeb's opinion on Bell helmets?

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I love my shoei

3. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

6d (protection), Airoh (light weight, and ventilation), troy lee designs (in between the first two listed). have all, my go to is the airoh, if i dont want to use comms with the group, or mrs (doesnt fit the chin bar very well). i generally am rocking a troy lee se3, or se4 lid, and 100% racecraft goggles, and laminated tear offs. Ski

4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I went with Troy Lee for my 1st dirt helmet.
    Helmet cost 1/3 what I paid for the bike id be riding ...87 RM125

Phl218 likes this.
  5. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

tried the bell, my cheeks are to big and smash the cheek pads damn near to the helmet shell. Going up a size resulted in a loose fit. I ended up with a new shoei, fit me perfect. Bell is a good helmet, if you have a slimmer face you’ll probably have some success with them.

6. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

They're really good, and they've been around forever.

I've had a couple Bell helmets, Answer, and I'm using the EVS T5 now because I use the EVS neck brace & knee guards. A bunch of the dirt helmets are made by the same company and rebranded (fox, troy lee designs, thor, answer, etc, etc) which is why a lot of them look the same.

7. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I really like my Bell. However, my brother went with a Suomy for the dirt and that is the lightest dirt helmet I've ever picked up. I may consider one of those next.

8. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

What?!! Suomy? I thought they were out of business. I love their helmets....and now I'm down a rabbit hole.

Where is the best place to buy Suomy?!

9. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Check out Rocky Mountain ATV

10. Arai.

Britt likes this.
  11. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

I’ve had 10+ over the last year and found the Fly Vector to be the best all around for comfort, safety, weight, ventilation.
    Good luck with your search!

12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I love my bell moto9 I wear it for supermoto also

13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The thing I’ve noticed with a lot of offroad helmets is the weak chinbar. And by that, I mean it flexes quite a bit when you merely push it a little.

I don’t know how the Bell stacks up in that department, but I do like the Arai and Shoei dirt lids as they have proper chinbars.

14. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Troy lee is my choice but have heard good things about 6d

15. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

What does proper chinbar mean? You’d prefer it be stout and it not flex? Based off your statement about the Arai and Shoei I’m guessing so?