1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explain "White Priviledge" ..... Seriously

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Dec 1, 2017.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’m having a difficult time understanding why this is remotely a white privilege issue. There are other factors that present a far greater impact towards the outcome than the rapist being white. Come on man.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

More like pushing a string but yeah, good on him. Resilience is critical to success and this guy clearly has it in spades.

cav115 and G 97 like this.
  3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I am waiting for my set aside contracts to start a company....... In the end the best solution is to judge people by their character and actions. That statement applies to all races and both sexes and should be observed by the same.

4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Keep kicking ass and taking names my friend. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.
    I admire people like you that had every opportunity to take the wrong path and against adversity, chose to fight their way to success.

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. Fonda Dix

Because he says it is and if you are not black you cant see it through your oppressive eyes so just shut up and accept it. /story

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

What documented fact or facts and clear examples are you stating that we are refusing?
    I’m confused, as I’m not aware of any fact that I’m denying as you say.

spcassell likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid:Oh the irony, right? I had to restrain from typing my first thoughts.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The two best real world examples of white privilege are Barack Obama and Colin Krappyshit.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Both? How unwoke of you.

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I’m trying to use my privilege card to sign up for a “white only” scholarship. Couldn’t find one.

I even called “white entertainment television” looking for an internship. The google didn’t come up.

I called the NBA and they had the nerve to laugh when I told them I was a 5’8 white guy. I said I need to use my card immediately.

The NAACP wouldn’t transfer me to their “white department”

Maybe Buck can shed some light on this.

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It's easy, just apply to a historically white college. It's an automatic entry, no need for any academic knowledge.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I used to work with this guy a couple years ago...and up until a few weeks ago, we kept in touch. Went mountain biking a couple times.
    Pretty much each and every time things don't go his way, it's because he's black in his eyes. It just gets old after a while.

He's got serious issues with paranoia..he things people are following him, his employment situation got fucked up, his Mom died about a year
    ago, and it's just snowballed downhill while she was sick, and since because he's got a lot of pent up anger over his troubled relationship with her.

I tried to gently suggest maybe he needed to talk to someone a while back. And he wasn't interested, he was more interested in his sister's opinion and
    the potential belittling he'd receive from her for getting the help he definitely needs.

I finally had enough when he told me this girl he had "dated" a while back sent him a Merry Xmas Meme over text and he just absolutely went off on her
    in return. When he lost his mind over a simple Merry Xmas from someone that was trying to be nice....I was pretty much done.

Nothing that's going wrong in his life is because he's black...it's because he's got issues he needs to work through, and he's acting like an asshole because he
    won't get the help he needs to work through those issues.

My "White Privilege" is that I cannot blame anyone else or the color of my skin when things don't go my way. I have to own it, and work through the problem when things
    don't go my way.

Quicktoy and cav115 like this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just try to say this phrase in public without being vilified for it "White pride".

Then try saying this phrase "*any other group of your choosing* pride" in public.

Notice any difference there.....whatever privilege exists will become immediately apparent.

My stance on this has always remained constant (as I've referenced below many times), stop being so damn prideful. It's not a virtuous mindset to have anyway. Humility is ;)

cav115 likes this.
  14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Totally. Mom used to love Little Sheldon and claimed (inaccurately) that it was like watching what it was with me as a little kid. Though I did love the line about how he did not look down on woman as dumber, he looked down on everyone.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Last night's episode was freakin hilarious.

sheepofblue likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Stop f*****g up the narrative, honkey!

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hmmmm, I’m not a huge fan of the entire, “ I could tell you but you wouldn’t understand” response.
    It’s a chickenshit response used as a crutch when people are unable to back up their stated position.
    Very weak minded.

Spang308, Robby-Bobby and StaccatoFan like this.
  18. Fonda Dix

Yup, you "have to be black to understand" yet they claim to know everything about being white. Its beyond played out.

cav115 and StaccatoFan like this.
  19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Heard it a few too many times in your life I imagine.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I could explain it to you, but you wouldn't understand.

brex, StaccatoFan and cav115 like this.