1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200 2020

Discussion in 'General' started by KneeDragger_c69, Jan 14, 2020.

1. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Mise well be the R6Cup

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I crewed for Joseph Santamaria in the 1997 Daytona 200. We were a very low budget crew, jerry jugs for fuel and all. Every entrant had to share a pit space with another rider. Jeff Jennings was our pit mate and he spared no expense for his team. Uniforms, radios, $10K tire budget, EVERYTHING! He even had Craig Erion for a crew chief! I told Joe to come in when he saw 25 laps on the scoring pylon. Before the fuel stops, Jeff crashed out of the race at the dogleg. It was pretty spectacular, and a picture of the cartwheeling bike made it on the front page of the local paper. We had the pit to ourselves, and when 25 laps were showing on the pylon, Joe came rolling in for his stop....out of gas!
    After the race, I went to get a copy of the results. On my way back to our garage I ran into legendary (in his own mind) racer Steve Vlasblom. He asked who I was crewing for and when I told him Joe's number (46) he said, "Oh yeah, I remember him. He was slow." It gave me great pleasure to show my results sheet to Kiwi Steve and point out that Joe finished ahead of him. :)

[​IMG]

3. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, Kiwi Steve! Good times...:D

4. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

You know it's a good crash when there's a whole fuel tank flying in the photo

5. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

6. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

[​IMG]

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

And then we dance
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2blueYam likes this.
  8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, or when the forks and front wheel are separate from the rest of the bike you know that's a good one. Might get you on the Crash Page in RRW.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hmmm, I’m pretty sure Jason plans doing it again this year.

10. Spang308

Any clue who is televising the 200 this year? I watched it on Fanschoice.tv in previous years. Are they streaming it again?

11. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Farrell will be present… according to his FB

12. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

same, I'd like to watch.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's only ghey if the person wearing it enjoys da cock....but by all means you keep rockin' that English Leather like a boss. Do they still come with the wooden knob as a cap on the bottle?

14. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Fanschoice is no more and went to a pay package, so assuming the same people are televising it this year you're going to have to get a subscription... Hopefully they have a free trial.

15. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Oh no... that is sad and crappy.
    Been telling everyone up in Canada that they can see it for free... :(

That's never good for racers and not being able to give exposure to the sponsors.
    After all, sponsors like to hear that a race will be televised.

TLR67 and Circacee like this.
  16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I got 185 for the win!!

TLR67 and Boman Forklift like this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

me too

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Fixed!

Shenanigans likes this.
  19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I am thinking that N2 Bobblehead moto team looks pretty strong if they haven't spread their crew too thin with 3 excellent riders.

20. Spang308

Kyle Wyman, Xavier Zayat and now Jake Lewis. Their chances seem strong with that lineup.