1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michele Obama says white flight ruined her neighbourhood

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by speeddaddy, Feb 6, 2020.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Well, you know, Sean Hannity lives in Lon Guyland...

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

All the more important to guard that investment, don't you think? People must have a home, it is a dual purpose strategy, to have that home bring benefit to you on a long term basis. Most people don't have $5,000 extra a month to drop on stocks. It's the only investment they can afford.

So in Tony's example, it's like owning a stock, getting a tip that the company is going down, and deciding that you didn't want to retire anyway.

Montoya and tony 340 like this.
  3. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Just this.
    Thanks.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I can’t prove or disprove the theories put forth here but I can ask, why should I care? Why is this my problem?

G 97 and tony 340 like this.
  5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Because your skin lacks as much pigment as those crying.
    Therefore, all the world's problems are your fault.
    It's quite simple, actually.

speeddaddy, tony 340 and Fonda Dix like this.
  6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I can see in some instances where the market up swing in pricing and the associated increase in tax rates that go with it can make that same mechanism a burden to someone who has no interest in moving out of their home simply because they could sell it for more than they paid for it. If you can't afford the property tax bill it doesn't matter that your asset has gone up in value the end result is you will likely end up homeless.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyp...ng-to-pay-841-in-property-taxes/#7c6c35362a20

7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

If you're referring to Buck's article, Long Island is not NYC. Historically a Republican stronghold in State politics.

8. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Again, Michelle said that whites left the community in a shambles and not just that the neighborhood went bad after they moved out. She said what she wanted to say. There was no trying about it. Way overstating what happened like that is pure bullshit because it's manipulation by inciting emotional reactions.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Not quite as much as one might think, besides the Presidential election, imho, truly determines who lives in a specific region:

"In 1992, the suburban counties split, with Nassau voting Democratic and Suffolk voting Republican; however, since 1996, both counties, along with Brooklyn and Queens, have been Democratic, although sometimes by fairly close margins. In 2004, John Kerry won Suffolk County by just under 14,000 votes. The close 2004 margins followed large victories for Al Gore in Nassau and Suffolk in 2000, and many observers think the 2004 results were more of a reflection from a 9/11 bump President George W. Bush received through portions of the New York City metro area (as his numbers jumped quite a bit from 2000 in Staten Island, Rockland County, and parts of New Jersey as well) rather than a reversal of the Democratic trend. This hypothesis was proven false when in 2008 Long Island still gave the Democrat Obama a victory in both counties. In 2016, Suffolk County voted for Donald Trump."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Long_Island

10. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Wrong . She specifically says there was no gangs no crime when they left. What was in shambles? The whole point of her speaking is to make everything an us vs them. Poor me poor us. It does no good to mend fences it breaks them. Look at the state of politics. There was never the huge divide and hatred till the last 8 yrs of Obama. They are globalist fuckers sorry you can’t see that.

lrrs517 and tony 340 like this.
  11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I'm wrong, but yes, it's all NY to me.:D

Yzasserina likes this.
  12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

There it is! That arrogance reminds me of the smackdown Ben Shapiro gave some know it all victimhood types.....right on! :rolleyes:

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

That does not illustrate any point associated with investment appreciation except that governments can be thieves. It doesn't indicate that his property tax went through the roof due to his, more than doubling his investment. All in all, it looks like he made a wise investment, but was caught up in government greed.

G 97 likes this.
  14. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

got to love the beeb, its just washing clothes, your lucky, could have been ringing and n
    sorry the rum was flowing like water yesterday like the salmon of capistrano

G 97 likes this.
  15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

But there’s where you’re wrong. There is blame being passed around. The discussion of this thread is Michelle putting the blame on white folks. Sorry. That’s racist. End of story.

XFBO and speeddaddy like this.
  16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

that street runs both ways... correct??
    Someone that wants to move to Miami because of the Latin culture & custom is considered "woke" or "racist"??
    What about folks that want to live in a development where they share the same religious beliefs as their neighbors?

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

If you live in some dem stronghold where racism is part of everyday dem life and your neighbor doesn't like you simply based on skin pigmentation, they should be forced to stay your neighbor and hate you forever. Not allowed to move.

18. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Bruh, don’t use ‘woke’.
    Also, we’re talking about hateful moves, not someone wanting to be surrounded by folks that accept and support who you are.

19. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Actually we’re talking about both. If I live in a neighbourhood surrounded by like minded folks culturally and religiously I probably feel comfortable and choose to be there.

If the demographic changes and I’m not comfortable or enjoying it I’m free to move. See last I checked it’s a free(kinda) country. If I fight any other people to move into said community then I’m impeding on the freedom I want for myself. Not cool. So tell me again how I’m responsible for said communities decline if I choose to leave? Why do the folks moving in not uphold the same standards? Maybe they look in a mirror?

20. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Dude, don’t use ‘bruh’

See?

Bugslayer likes this.