1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Presidential Medal of Freedom goes to

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Buckwild, Feb 5, 2020.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well I know I sure do line my pockets with all those Trump bucks reserved only for Whitey... :rolleyes:

SGVRider likes this.
  2. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Oh ok well the current healthcare system. Although I do have Tri care. Try using their services and getting bills paid. I distinctly remember a 250k hospital bill that wasn't paid while I was on active duty but that was champus at the time.... actually it was both of em. So I went to the private sector for HC.
    But i'll say this. Due to injuries sustained while in the Marine Corps and those sustained from breaking my neck in 2005 I was denied coverage in regards to the treatment I sought for nerve damage in the left side of my face which was from Bells Palsy not the accident, but the insurance Co attributed it to me breaking my neck in 2005 and subsequent c-7. t-5 fusion. That is no longer the case with the current law Trump is currently in court trying to strike down the entire aca and not parts as he originally wanted. but stood on national Tv and lied that he was in in favor of it. Some goes for a Rigid flat foot diagnosis when my Extremely high arches dropped when I was 8 years old resulting in pain every single day from that point forward. So I would say yes their policies have directly affected me.

3. Handicapped Racer

Yo I thought we were friends …. lol
    What's up Buck

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I see. Then I can understand your desire to stay on top of them. I would point out that it pisses me off that someone that has served in the military ever gets denied coverage for anything. That's what consider the least the country owes them for serving to protect it. I'm not to the point that dealing with insurance coverage has much of an impact so I may see it differently as I age. I think we can all agree that health care costs are out of control but I don't know that a total government takeover of the system is the right approach. There has to be a balance struck somewhere in the middle. I don' think the middle ground can be reached however without some government intervention and you won't get everyone to agree on where the regulation should happen or how much.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

You forgot to include:
    I’ve never owned any slaves

6. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I’m not sure I agree on the military part. I served 5 years as
    a Marine, but did jack squat during my time. No wars, no real sacrifice other than 5 years of being owned by the US gov.

I will have VA healthcare coverage for life and have used more than my fair share. I question whether myself and others in my position really deserve a lifetime of expensive healthcare on the backs of taxpayers. Oh I’m not gonna turn it down, but I do wonder whether it’s the right thing to do as country, and whether we can afford it.

gixxerreese and joec like this.
  7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

That's because they are lies. These people fall into two categories: liars and the rubes who believe them.

brex likes this.
  8. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

So how many hours per day do you listen to him?

9. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

zippo

10. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Ellen Degenerate. and others deserved it, but not Rush? Mmmmm, OK

11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Why would anyone give two shits about who received this metal? It’s meaningless, less the person receiving it. There more benefits to having a AARP card.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Liberal hypocrisy reigns supreme. They are the only people who ever have any specific situation happen to them that involves personal sacrifice and monetary risk. It’s all given free to the rest of us.
    Who’s us? LOL.

K51000 likes this.
  13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't know viewing it as someone that hasn't served the protection of the U.S. is worth the money we spend on it. As with anything could it be managed more effectively and perhaps cost a little less? Well of course it could. The insurance racket is a problem that needs to be resolved and we could make a good start by mandating that it only cover catastrophic illness and accidental injury. It should not be used for getting your teeth cleaned, a sniffle and cough or having your prostate scoped. It should also be mandated that those insurance companies don't get to say what kind of catastrophic illness and injuries they will actually pay out on. They are a little too free to accept monthly money from people and then never give any of it back when needed by denying payouts for services rendered. Of course some of those problems have a better shot at being resolved if they could distract themselves from the constant party battles over nothing.

14. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Why is she a degenerate?

15. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

They dont. They care about who gave it, not who "won" it.

OMB!

16. Handicapped Racer

Explain the 5 not to 4 or the 8? Or are you including reserves in that last year. Just curios that's all

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I assume because she’s a Hollywood leftist. I have no issue with Ellen, personally. I certainly don’t agree with her politics, but she seems to be a pretty solid human. At the end of the day, though, her getting the medal matters about as much as Rush. Zero shits given. As has been stated, its already become nothing more than a Presidential shout-out to a celebrity of some sort. Rush has been in the public spotlight for a long time and just came out with a death sentence. Whatever.

18. Handicapped Racer

If there is no written criteria it's his decision on who to give it to. Maybe they feel he's contributed to their views and causes over the years, I did hear them say he does a lot of charity work

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He works a lot with veterans charities.

20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I’m likely going to regret this, but what are “their views and causes” that you refer to? Can you actually name a single policy or executive order that has actually been racist? Trump may be a douchetastic person, but I continually fail to see any actions by this admin that have had a negative impact based on race.

K51000 likes this.