1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eyes on Virginia

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

2. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

To bad a non-government employee won’t get the same due process.

sdg and Steeltoe like this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:

sdg likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You lie about having a kid together and I'm pretty sure you'd get the same due process. Probably even be thrown out quicker.

6. Handicapped Racer

I think that whole process was specifically to get her ass locked up. That was just dumb

7. Handicapped Racer

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

There is already a law for under 14, I believe that this law would have raised it to under 18 years old. The bill's sponsors said it would not apply to hunting, but the language in the bill was not at all clear on that. It was a bad bill and it got defeated as it should have.

10. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Lemme know when they mandate as much security at public schools as the county courthouse.

And add '...and throw away the key' to laws concerning use of a firearm in a felony.

11. Handicapped Racer

No that was Sarcasm, people here in my state figure every bill passed is destined to become law.

12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I would guess every single one of them will be vigorously opposed all the way to the supreme court where they will likely be tossed in the trash where they belong.

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Just read it. Why was a bill like that even in legislature? Who are the morons who voted these Dems in? They’re the ones who should be jailed. Support communism and get treated like communism.

14. Handicapped Racer

And that right there was my argument. I even sided with Trump when I made the argument.

I said you all can go have a fit and get all bent out of shape. As soon as Northam signs one of these bills into law there will be a court challenge before the ink dried on it. Look at Trump, he has had so many EO tied up in court it's not even funny. So why would these be any different. But of course im a dumb liberal who hates guns but calls the police when ever I get into trouble. I even asked a question on one forum that needed Admin approval. I think I asked how many bills that have passed in the house and Va Senate have been signed and are laws. The admin didn't approve my question lol

15. Handicapped Racer

No Republican in Va can complain that Democrats control both houses and the Gov. When I looked and counted there were almost 13 of 14 districts that ran no republican candidate. The argument was there was no chance they could win. If you can't run a candidate I think it's kind of hard to complain that you didn't keep the house. They already knew they only had a 1 seat advantage, and that seat came from a botches voter card that made the vote count a tie, which they won via a name pulled from some old ceremonial bowl. I voted democrat (that communist that you speak of) but my district also had no opponent and i'm not really that worried that they will go full village idiot. But if they do I've already told my wife I will vote red next time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/us/virginia-tie.html

16. Handicapped Racer

Out of 100 delegates seats I think I just counted 38 that didn't run a republican candidate.

17. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

That’s ridiculous. But why. Is it because there’s no chance in those districts? And I call anyone who voted for that governor a communist. Don’t take offense. He would rule like Putin if he could.

18. Handicapped Racer

Im not sure from what I was told on the Va Defense league page it's because they don't think a Republican can win where we live. So we have two houses. Alexandria Va and Lorton, my wife is registered at our house in Lorton and I am in Alexandria. I have yet to see a pollster at our voting location since maybe 2012... I cant remember 2010 but I know 12,14,16 and 19 I saw none. it clicked to me in 16 that there was none. More cause It was a presidential election. No Va makes Va Blue but I am surprised because we are really a military area and from what im told they tend to vote republican.

My wife says i'm liberal on social issue and conservative in regards to guns crime and a few others. Yall just think im some crazy liberal. I just see the process that comes with some of these crazy views and don't see them going far with in the courts. But this Magazine ban has me like "Don't get too stupid" I purchased a hell cat and can't carry it casue I do go into Dc and they have a 10 rd mag max and this fucker takes 11.

I liked the passage of the Era they just did. things like that I agree with many of them. The guns being the bad guy I can't even entertain their BS. Mine haven't killed me yet so im like you need to find another thing to catch fake outrage over.

Now don't get me wrong there were area's that Democrats didn't contend either but their numbers were no where as high in some areas where there was no R candidate. they also had a few wire ins win over democrats so a few were in that 38 too, so not sure what the affiliation was. although I did see 1 or 2 listed as libertarian.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    Quicktoy likes this.
  19. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

20. Handicapped Racer