1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding value - 92-94 TZ250 in excellent cond.

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by JTRC51, Jan 31, 2020.

1. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

What would one be worth realistically?

In awesome shape but hasn't been run in a number of yrs. House trophy at the moment.

2. JTRC51

Forgot to add that this particular one is a 93

3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member

Any meaningful spares?

4. TZmb

TZmb Member

It is all about condition. Unknown crankshaft life deduct $1000, unknown top end mileage, deduct $500; unknown clutch mileage, deduct $150: unknown cylinder mileage, deduct $500.
    Undocumented or worn bike, $5000. Fresh everything, $10,000 US domestic. Some European buyers reportedly pay premium and shipping; have seen several leave. P1030011 (700x467).jpg

JTRC51 likes this.
  5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

8-10

JTRC51 likes this.
  6. JTRC51

I'd like to keep this one and enjoy it, then likely park it in my basement (finished) for "art" :) Just wondering what I should offer the guy, still waiting on final details.

motion likes this.
  7. peterleduc

peterleduc Well-Known Member

If you’re in the buying category the 6-9 is realistic. Awesome shape is entirely relative to condition and usage on all of the equipment mentioned above. A ‘93 is slightly less desireable than a 94-95 4DP machine because of the attached subframe. However as a competitive race machine, it can be made just as fast as 98% of the bikes out there. If you’re trying to sell it $10k would be top of the market in the US for a fully restored bike (0 issues and known crank mileage etc.) $14k euros in Europe.

My $.02 worth

JTRC51 likes this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I don't think I've seen a TZ for sale less than 8 for a few years now.

SpeedWerks Racing likes this.
  9. JTRC51

My mistake. It IS a 94 4DP

10. JTRC51

I was hoping to jump on it for less than that but it seems he is rather set on an $8k-$9k range :(. 94 though so that is a plus. I am still awaiting details on hisotry/engine etc. but from pics the bike looks CLEAN!

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Its a fair price, especially if it comes with a few spares. I sold my 4TW (no spares, very clean) last fall for $11,200. Should have sold for 14K.

12. NOLAracer

NOLAracer Well-Known Member

Mannnn....everyone is unloading their TZs lately.

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I will be selling a few more later this year :)

14. parillaguy

parillaguy vintage+GP racer

Any race bike can be made to look good with a new fairing and paint. I bought a nice looking 4DP TZ many years ago with great looking blue paint. Everything was bent and twisted from a hard life on the track. Road rash on stuff under the nice new faring but new levers and h/b grips. Everything worked but working on it was frustrating.

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member

motion likes this.