1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Okay...now let's see it with a professional rider. This moto-journalist is 10-12 seconds off the grid and 16-18 seconds off the podium...:rolleyes:
    :D
    Nice vid, tho'. Thanks. Too bad it wasn't longer or show trackside footage of him squirming into and out of corners or doin' fly-bys down the front straight.

2. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Maybe they're keeping an ace up their sleeve and saving for a 2025 update w/ variable cams when other teams get faster. Don't want to show all your cards at once, right?

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Does the speedo not go over 299kph?

300 clicks for a "production" machine is pretty incredible.

This old fart is also impressed that modern diesels four strokes can rev so high without grenading within a few laps.

4. fastfreddie

Seems to be on par with bikes that have variable cam timing.
    I want one bad, but I haven't worn out my '12 yet...12.5k+ track miles and still gettin' it.
    I'd take the RR-R SP over Beemer's M package.
    Only other consideration would be the Duc, but I've swam in that pond before. :D

bored&stroked likes this.
  5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yeah When is CU going to get to throw a leg over it! That's what I am waiting on.

6. fastfreddie

I spoke with him a couple years ago about the then current crop of superbikes. I'm pretty sure he's a Suzuki guy and he said it was really strong, but he put the V4R at the top of the litter while saying that the only thing holding the Honda back was the cam.

7. dudutzu

dudutzu Well-Known Member

How tall is that freaking gearing? He's doing 200km/h in 2nd gear!

8. Chango

Chango Something clever!

That's only about 125 mph. I vaguely remember my 600s reading 100mph in 2nd and 125 mph in 3rd gear. I also remember literbikes being able to go over 100 mph in first gear back then.

Disclaimer: I'm old and it's been several years since I've ridden a 600 on track so I could be remembering incorrectly.

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

The 2008 R1 was reported to do 107 mph in first gear.

10. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

hater alert

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My Y2K R1 would go at least 90 in 1st....that was 20 years ago.

12. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

No big deal. Every "modern" 1k can reach these numbers (my '06 GSX-R for example).

13. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

He’s the epitome of the Starbucks superbike street rider...you obviously are upset about joining him in such a category if you’re calling me a ‘hater’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I think the 2004 ZX-10R claimed 100mph in 1st gear.

cajun636 likes this.
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

He's the epitome of 99.99% of people keeping this niche industry afloat. Thank goodness.

16. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I usually see 90 when I click up to 2 at pit out and I'm 1 tooth down in front so that sounds right. I'm alos on a 200 rear vs stock 190 so I guess it all evens out.

17. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

We got kicked off the track at New Jersey because of that guy and his friends. Yamaha paid for a mini YCRS event at New Jersey during a MotoAmerica race for the R1M owners. We got red flagged and kicked off the track because 650ib and his buddies were blasting down the front straight even after we were told not to by NJMP staff and Nick Lenatsch. Ive got zero respect for that 650ib dude.

18. turbulence

oh totally. super upset.

i’ll ride to starbucks, no fucks given. i’ll commute to work, no fucks given. i’ll do trackdays, no fucks given. i’ll race, no fucks given. i’ll ride one of our many canyon roads, no fucks given. i’ll also never judge another rider based on the type of riding they do, no fucks given.

Steeltoe likes this.
  19. turbulence

there’s gotta be more to this story. “blasting down the front straight” at a trackday hardly seems like a GTFO offense.

20. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Wasn't a trackday, it was a MotoAmerica race weekend at New Jersey that Yamaha paid our way for a Yamaha Champions Riding School class at the track. Nick and his staff set up a slalom course down the front straight because NJMP officials said there wouldn't be corner workers or medical to help if someone went down. It was supposed to be a controlled riding and doing a slalom course through cones down the front straight would keep the speeds down. That lasted about 2 laps before captain dumbass and his crew went flying down the front straight bypassing the cones and pissing the NJMP officials off.

Moral of the story is if track officials and a school instructor tell you not to do something on the track,,,, you respect them and their rules.