1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP to NBC/NBCSN

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Jan 30, 2020.

1. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Didn't F1 viewership in the US skyrocket this year? And the USGP got sold out?

Still no Americans in F1 (minus Gene Haas's dollars).

2. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Did it? That's great. I wouldn't know myself, I stopped watching years ago. F1 was getting a little boring for a while.

3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

They need to leave on Motogp commentary then have someone just bring you back in what you missed on commercial break. And that person to bring us back in should be Nick Harris.

4. rice r0cket

It's extra boring now.

But hey, market to the right people and they'll come.

wsmc42 likes this.
  5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Nice that they announce this after the Video Pass auto renewed.

I was not big on streaming, but the MotoAmerica and MotoGP streaming services are pretty good- and I can throw the iPad on the treadmill when I'm on a layover and watch whatever race I want.

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Interesting and looked into it.

The following is not a counter argument, just a presentation of the scale.

While ESPN did indeed see a 21% increase to a total US viewership 14,1 millions viewers for the season, UK viewership went down 8 million viewer. I couldn't find the total 2019 UK viewership....

7. Quicktoy

Only sounds like we’re gonna get the main race. It’s worth the bucks for everything else you just mentioned to me.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Does that mean no Moto3 and Moto2 coverage, just MotoGP?

9. rice r0cket

Yep, UK went to Sky, which is a pay channel. They'll always have a good viewership base because more than half the teams are based in the UK.

But yeah, still tons of room to grow here. I think Liberty understands that the US is relatively untapped, which is why they bought the series to begin with, and are continuing their expansion here.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  10. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Sweet! That means uninterrupted flag to flag...

R Acree likes this.
  11. 23103a

23103a Well-Known Member

In theory. Except when the NASCAR race runs late and your DVR recording turns out to have missed the entire race.

Big step back IMO. Guess I have to subscribe to video pass now..

12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Damn, I was hoping to use the cheaply Sling package to watch on Bein this year. Not sure if they’ll geoblock that or what. Maybe it’s time for a VPN...

13. Quicktoy

It’s so cheap to buy the pass and you get sooooooo much lol.

14. Drtyimpreza

Drtyimpreza Member

If you buy motogp video pass. Can you watch races on a smart tv?

15. Quicktoy

Depends if the smart tv will let you download the Motogp app. My 4K tv can stream off my iPhone or iPad through my Apple TV or i can watch on the Motogp app on my Apple TV.

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If your smart TV has a browser then yes.
    If your smart TV has Roku, there is a MotoGP app, so yes again.
    You can potentially cast from a phone or tablet, so yes if your SmartTV and mobile device are compatible for doing this.
    You can always run an HDMI from your laptop to Smart TV, so yes there too.

So worst case go spend a few bucks on a Roku stick, but it is pretty unlikely you will need to do so.

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

:stupid: everything he said. Normally I just stream from my phone to the TV through my Wifi. You can do it with a fire stick, or straight to the TV if it has the capability. I use my laptop to the TV with a HDMI cable sometimes. I even have a USB to HDMI conversion cable so I can plug any phone up to the TV that way. Lots of ways to do it.

code3ryder likes this.
  18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

My TV browser wouldn't support the video from .com. I needed a Roku to push it.

19. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Bummer.

20. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

Yep. There was a guy at the LA Times who pushed to have race results in the paper, which was about the only way to "see" a 500 GP race. A couple months later you'd get the full report in the Racewatch section of Cycle World.