1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP to NBC/NBCSN

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Please no, I’ve had enough of his yelling and interruptions of Pridmore. His voice is annoying.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I hope it's Guy Martin, Ben Bostrom and Scott Russell.

Why? F@ck you, that's why! :D

YamahaRick and Phl218 like this.
  3. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Yeah, and have Freddie Spencer there to interrupt them whenever they're doing play by play to tell one of his war stories.

I worry that ratings will be so bad they'll drop it and ban it to the leper colony. To my knowledge the only 'merican in the whole show is going to be Joe Roberts and he isn't in the one class you'll see on NBC. If they'd have at least chosen a year where we had one or two USA riders (and competitive ones) to spur interest it would have a lot more promise.

Back in the heyday of Schwantz, Lawson, Spencer, Roberts and Rainey my recollection is that Wide World of Sports was the only coverage they got. The agony of defeat. Maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time, and I'd sure be happy if I was.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think your recollection of Wide World of Sports is correct. Most were on a fairly substantial tape delay...as much as a week, but there was not an easy way to find out the results, so it wasn't that much of a problem. I don't even think the term spoiler existed to any great degree.

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Catching a bike race was more a matter of luck in the WWS days.

Isn't this NBCSN deal for only 5 races this year or was my diagonal reading too steep?

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

True. I think I relied more on friends who managed to videotape the races.

7. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Looks like ill be buying a motogp subscription this year. Does anyone whatch on a smart tv or an Ipad?

8. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

For all the giving of a hard time I personally liked listening to Greg White, Freddy Spencer, Scott Russell and even Ralph Sheheen. Guy Martin, now that would be a bit of a stretch.

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

They should hire the guy from MotoE....

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I don’t think the GP races were ever on TV. You had to buy a duke videotape to see them. I remember having to buy a Los Angeles Times newspaper early Monday morning, and going to the last page of the sports section to see the race results.

11. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I watch on my iphone when away from the house, so an ipad should be an improvement from that, and I've watched in my browser on my xbox but never natively on a smart TV. If your TV has chromecast or similar built in that's worked for me as well.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

TNT very late at night and sometimes weeks after the race. You had to buy US Today to find out the results or wait for cyclenews to come on Thursday. :)

motion likes this.
  13. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Well this sucks. Maybe it will stay on Bein in Canada. No NBCSC up here.

14. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

23103a likes this.
  15. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

16. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Makes no difference to me.

I watch it live Sunday mornings central time, on at least 7 Huge screens, at Fuel Cafe- Milwaukee
    WITH some current racers, x racers, and all around seasoned motorcycle riders- for free.
    Most all of us ride there too. Most of us then go for a spirited country ride afterwards.

They of course charge for breakfast, etc.

It's awesome camaraderie of the locals around SE WI!

Banditracer likes this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

ipad, Streaming to Chromecast (better) or Apple TV (worse)

18. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

This sort of thing has been said about motorcycle coverage here in the states for years. In theory, I want to agree, but in reality, I don't think it matters one bit. Motorcycles are not part of the culture here like they are other places and I don't think them being on Network TV will make any difference or attract more fans. I hope I am wrong on this.

Ringer likes this.
  19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I tend to agree. The only way to increase viewership would be having an american regularly race and sometimes beat MM.

Maybe...

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, to be fair....NBC has been airing MXGP for a couple of seasons now and there's plenty of riders in those fields that are a bit of a mouthful to pronounce.