1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NSR250 Aficiondos needed

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by SpeedyE, Jan 30, 2020.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Hi guys,
    Got a buddies Beautiful 1991 NSR250 Gull Arm (SE?) in my shop/garage, to make him a replacement (lost) exhaust hanger.
    Bike is super small, super light.....as I removed the tail/bodywork I realized the entire sub-frame is made of HEAVY steel. :confused::eek::confused:

Would it behoove me to blueprint it while I have access to it, and knock out a half dozen custom aluminum sub-frames to sell (product), or will I wind up wasting 2-3 weeks of my time/life and die with these things?

Thank you for any advice, from the 2-stroke guys :flag:

2. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

craig641 and SpeedyE like this.
  3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Thank you for the link.....I had no idea someone else was already making them....and their price is low/good.
    I now search for a new widget idea, haha

Thanks brother
    :flag:

4. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

Do you have a machine shop? Can you tig weld and bend aluminum? If so, I can send you a few random items for you to make and keep 2-strokes alive.

*I wouldn't recommend mass producing anything unless you arranged a group buy on one of the forums.

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. nsr250man

nsr250man Well-Known Member

I am a Tyga dealer and can get you a subframe for less than retail (usually 8 - 10%) shipped direct to you. PM me if interested.

The_R1_Kid and SpeedyE like this.