1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh Greta, you're a mess.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Spang308, Sep 24, 2019.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

She's definitely being used and abused but you can't cut her slack just because
    she's a kid, they're using her for the exact reason that they can attack anyone who
    criticizes her because "these monsters are picking on a poor child". Fuck that shit.
    Like grown Hitler Youth, you feel sorry for their upbringing but you still have to kill them.
    When she appears she needs to be savaged until she loses the will to participate.

She's not handicapped, she's just different.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

She's handicapable.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

You’re being generous.

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Oh and she is much older than she looks. Don't be fooled into listening the little dropout trained parakeet.

6. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You know her age is publicly known, right?

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Like DuHamel’s was? ;)

9. sheepofblue

Yes and how many people look it up rather than go on appearance? I am betting most.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, how many articles or TV pieces have your read or seen that didn't use her age as an adjective to her name at some point? I mean, her age is the whole story!

11. sheepofblue

Most that I have seen did not say a number. Rather stuff like school kid, oh and I don't watch TV news that shit will rot your brain.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, and when you were talking about the people who will not look it up, who did you have in mind? People watching the news, or people actually searching for information? If it's the former, it's not part of "most that you have seen" since you don't watch.

13. sheepofblue

Majority of everyone. Ever seen the man in the street interviews? Most would starve if you put a bag over their head.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yes, she has one of the made up disorder diseases. The more of those you have the more pity you garner.

R Acree likes this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

16. sheepofblue

17. In Your Corner

At a deep level, the language of climate denialism is tied up with a form of masculine identity predicated on modern industrial capitalism—specifically, the Promethean idea of the conquest of nature by man, in a world especially made for men.
    :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

So she isn’t a child?:crackup:

“It is not a rhetorical accident that critics of Thunberg, nearly 17, almost always call her a “child.” This infantilization is invariably accompanied by accusations of emotionality, hysteria, mental disturbance, and an inability to think for herself—stereotypically feminine labels which are traditionally used to silence women’s public speech, and undermine their authority.”

19. In Your Corner

20. In Your Corner

https://www.deseret.com/2020/1/12/21062409/greta-thunberg-trump-climate

“We all need to jump in. It’s not just Greta’s family. It’s not the Parkland kids’ families. It should be all of us jumping in when we see something or hear something that might be completely out of line with the values of this country,” West said. “We don’t have the value as a country of attacking young people who might be activists.”
    Daryl Van Tongeren, an associate professor of psychology at Hope College in Holland, Michigan, specializes, in part, on questions of morality.

“I think sadly in our society they do sometimes forfeit their childhoods, but I don’t think that they should have to,” he said. “I think as a society we view them as no longer being children and somehow we now have rights to kind of put them in a different realm, put them in a different category. It’s a moment for us to pause and say, just because this is happening, does that mean that it’s good or it’s healthy or it’s right?”

https://www.msnbc.com/be5665d3-9477-42a0-9d85-2c42eea13f63