1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who wants 17,041 AAdvantage miles?

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

I don't fly AA enough to ever get status with them, rather put it to good use before they expire in March

PM me

Cheers.

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

ill take them. If you convert them to Delta MQM....:D

Seriously. Why would anyone fly that dumpster fire of an airline?

Id rather fly Avianca or whatever the national airline of Kazakhstan is.

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Delta Fanboy here....

i flew Dallas- Hong Kong with them a couple of years ago (16 h nonstop) due to the lack of alternatives on that short notice. sometimes they are competitive for my route to Ohio, but i hate them so much, i rather take my truck...

4. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I'll take them.

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

you shall have them

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

You can reset the self-destruct clock by using their click-thru portal, Aadvantage Shopping or whatever. It's just like the tons of cashback sites out there already, except you earn miles instead of cents.

17000 miles is pretty useful, I've booked several one-way flights on a whim @ 7500 mi each, to go to DC or NYC for a day.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

might try that.

transferring would cost $220, which makes it almost not worth it. gifting costs even more at $570, but the recipient gets 5000 miles on top. LOL

8. One thing that’s great but sucks about quitting my job, probably my last year of diamond for a while.

9. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Now the real question, I have 4 systemwide upgrades expiring Jan 31st.

DM me.

rice r0cket and Phl218 like this.
  10. I went through the same thing, I had some AA miles that expired just last week. Not much, I think like 11k. They have an online shopping thing where you can buy shit for miles, but IIRC 11k didn't really get you anything good. It wasn't worth the hassle.

Most of my miles are on Delta. I'm working my way up to 1,000,000 miles. Not for any particular reason, I just want to see that number on my app. :D

Once I get there, then we will use them for vacations and shit.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Maybe you can get on the first flight to Mars.

dtalbott, Gorilla George and Phl218 like this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

I ended up signing up for the shopping thing and bought a discounted dry-erase board at Office Depot for $10 . That should give 8x the miles per dollar.
    good to have the kid learn the letters and I will see if that gets me 80 miles ...

13. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Did anyone take these Phil?

14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I thought Virgin was gonna be the first to Mars not Delta.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

no but I bought some stuff at Office Depot so they should last a bit

if you find an AA flight you need , lemme know

16. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

A8767546-CAF6-4CB8-96C0-11C09EB9C6A9.gif

:D :D :D

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

update:

purchase with AAdvantage eshopping gave me eshopping miles, but didn't impact the AAdvantage balance.

if anyone wants to fly AA anywhere and can cover it with 17k miles, hit me up.

it's worth about $270 (and these effers ask for about that to have it transferred to someones account)

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Can you convert the miles to a gift card or "buy" something with them? A set of NC headphones, oakleys or something else that you don't really need but you want?

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

no, their shop doesn't even sell donkey balls.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

crap. looks like they didn't credit my last purchase