1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Endurance Season

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by JBall, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm not ready to pull the trigger on one, so I won't ask if I'd qualify for that exception just yet...

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, could you pass Jamie when she was on the 400? :D

3. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

For sure, its not an apples to apples comparison. I should be able to beat that bike... We all should have. but her and Blake won, because they are silly fast! I definitely understand the closing speed thing. Even on the SV it seems a little much at times. VIR was definitely humbling being passed right before the brake markers into Turn 1.

4. Tristan

Don't know that we were on track at the same time in any of the races last year. I did manage to beat the Horizon award winner at the GNF on his 400 (rain helped...)

5. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Neither of us passed her I don't think (seeing how they won the race). I had a good run down the front straight and slipped by one of them - not sure who was riding... until they came back about 50 feet deeper on the brakes and 10 mph or so through the turn one...

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Back on the 2020 end of things - Endurance racing July 17th at Roebling is a go.

7. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Sweet...how many more you adding? :bow:

8. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

The race going to be on Friday the 17th?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry - 18th. Had to sort the Friday out before it was a done deal so I keep typing out the wrong date.

This I believe will be it for this year, don't want to get too big too quickly.

10. Tristan

And always consult your doctor if it lasts over 4 hours.

Once a Wanker.., mpusch and JBall like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Truth.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Probably a false hope but any news about Pitt in May? :confused: PS, our Gov is a d*ckwad so I'm not holding my breath....

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

At this point we're hopeful but not expecting a lot fo the governors to have their shit together any time soon.

15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

We have our eye on Summit Point. Hopefully WV opens up in May.

16. Tristan

Hope so, but I could use a few weeks notice... gonna need to drop 10-20 lbs to fit into my suit

17. Mike Lafayette

Mike Lafayette Well-Known Member

Misery loves company - I have this problem every season! :( I thought everyone on this forum was a fit as MM93.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  18. JBall

If MM93's exercise program includes a large number of 12 ounce curls, I'd kick his ass.

Kyle Brosius and Mike Lafayette like this.
  19. JBall

Well, I guess PIR is postponed now, not too surprised from how things are going.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

MAY 15-17, 2020 Pittsburgh International Race Complex Moved to September 11-13, 2020!

Due to the extension of regulations by the State of Pennsylvania and restricting activities in the State N2 and WERA had to move this event to September 11-13, 2020..

“WERA and N2 were looking forward to this event to kick off our joint Endurance Series for 2020 but with all of the restrictions placed by States with regard to the Covid-19 Virus Pandemic we have to look at this event and say it is not feasible. We are happy to be able to give this event a new weekend on September 11-13 and look forward to seeing everyone then. Thank you to the Staff at Pittsburgh International Race Complex for working with us on this and to our partners N2 for all they have done for this event," said Evelyne Clarke, CEO WERA Motorcycle Roadracing.

“WERA, N2 and PIRC worked exhaustively to put on this event, but it simply was not possible with the current health emergency regulations in the State of Pennsylvania,” said N2 Partner/COO Jim Curtis.

WERA Motorcycle Roadracing is currently working with all the Tracks and looking at all the various state restrictions with regard to our dates scheduled for May and we will update on these events once we have definitive answers.

WERA Motorcycle Roadracing is working with all our venues on this and the restrictions they are under and we will keep you posted on all of the May events

The WERA office is closed so please communicate via e-mail: [email protected] until we are back in the office. Thank you all for your continued support through this and we are shooting for being back on track ASAP…

WERA Motorcycle Roadracing was established in 1973 and is currently co-sanctioning event with AMA and partners with N2 on the National Endurance Series. Web site is wera.com and more information is available on the website as well as our Facebook Page business.facebook.com/wera.roadracing/