1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Information - Schedule/Rules/Whatever

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Ask them now for a date in 21 maybe they will accommodate us.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

BTDT...

Shenanigans likes this.
  4. sizzlemaniac

sizzlemaniac Heather Szymanik- # 124

Lame :( I was looking forward to racing nationals

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why wouldn't you?

6. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

R3's have no chance against the 400. It's fair that the class is changing, Moto America and WSS already did it, but any participation from us R3 riders might as well be exhibition in a 400 class, just like in the Junior Cup. And heck, they had the fancy GTYR engine kit available to them and still couldn't keep up. I might still race the class though, got nothing else to do on Sundays anyways.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bike to bike I agree they are overmatched but this is club racing and the bike isn't everything. :D

8. sizzlemaniac

sizzlemaniac Heather Szymanik- # 124

I planned on going to some events I wouldn’t normally go to just for the National 300 class but it’s not worth the extra expense and travel to race in the 400 class. It is what it is. I suppose this is what happened to the 250s when 300s became cool...sorry bout that 2-fiddy friends lol

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Figured you had covered all the bases.

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I think it is good you raised the rates at those tracks. I remember asking you before why Fontana and Miller weren't more expensive, since you had to pay so much more?

On another note, when were tires $100 a set and last a couple weekends? I thought I was paying around $300-350 a set with a 89 FZR600 back in 90-93. I remember buying Dunlop 591's, Michelin slicks and I tried Metzler ME77 (can't really remember the number). Granted I was getting 2-3 races that weekend on one set of tires, plus practice the next race weekend.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure what brands but they lasted longer on friends bikes in 87-90 or so - granted RZ350, FZR400 but also an FZ750. Thinking Comp K and Metzeler.

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Before the ME1 Racing was the ME1 Comp K and both were bias ply and had the same/similar tread pattern. And before those was the ME33 & ME99 Sport compound set. I raced those on the SR500 in 85/86 I think.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Back on track - Endurance at Roebling on July 17th is a go - thank you Stickboy and N2!

Yearly schedule on the website is updated.

I'll have another update for it later this week, going to revamp the vintage races a hair, more on that later.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yearly schedule is updated - http://www.wera.com/schedule/thisseason.asp?<%=linkvars%>

Added SRA-West Sidecar events to the WERA West Region.

Added the Vintage events - basically the events with a V will have the 500GP up through V7 Heavyweight classes, no V then those classes won't run. V8 MW and V8 HW will run every weekend. Essentially it's any double header weekend other than Summit and PIRC, those are single day sprints but we're running all vintage classes due to the locations.

15. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

About the new endurance race at Roebling in July, is it on Friday July 17th or Saturday July 18th? Your post here says 17th, but the yearly schedule says 18th.

16. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

so the more expensive tracks will be $150 first, $100 additional for pre-reg, and $170 first, $100 additional?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, second entry isn't $100 for any track. GNF is it's own deal. Those tracks will be $150 then $85/$85/$75/$75 etc...

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Typo here, it's on Saturday.

19. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

That WERA West purse thing is :cool:

Too bad we don't have that out east..would definitely get me to more events

20. TGRIFF

TGRIFF Active Member

Has this been implemented? Will this be the class structure at Talladega?

yuengling910 likes this.