1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I believe that was in reference to those who were only trained in a simulator. As we’ve found, both classed’ jets were most likely the result of inexperienced system operators, not pilots with a lot of seat time, in any aircraft type.

2. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I don't know if Metroliner's are good planes or not but the ones I've seen have looked liked beat up pos's that smell like they are leaking jet fuel.

3. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

While the first officers didn't have a lot of time the PIC did have, over 8000 hours in one. At least one did disconect the MCAS and try to fly it manually but were unable to change the pitch manually. That design goes back to the 727 and in certain circumstances you cannot move the control wheel.

4. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Huh?

5. Newsshooter

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Photo likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Pretty much how it normally works. Not only that, but even when a CEO has to shamefully step down and is tossed to the curb by one company, they are usually picked up in short order by another should they so desire to keep working so its really no skin off their back.

ducnut likes this.
  10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Oh I know, it just makes me :mad::mad::mad:

ducnut likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

My CEO got ran out for poor results and questionable relationships. They gave him $2.5mil for his trouble.

Disgusting.

ducnut likes this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

What's the difference? :D

15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Apparently, $62M.

Quicktoy and Fonda Dix like this.
  16. SteveThompson

We have 65 employees and I can’t imagine the idiotic emails we could find. What if you had 30,000 employees?

Boman Forklift, ducnut and Chris like this.
  17. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Multiply that by 4.3 for Boeing US employees. 137,000 according to their info site, including ~50,000 hourly and ~45,000 engineers.

18. SteveThompson

Yeah. Worse than I thought!

19. Newsshooter

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

And that's the problem with modern control designs. The computer should never be able to override the instincts of a good pilot. The computer does not have situational awareness.

ducnut and Banditracer like this.