1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Information - Schedule/Rules/Whatever

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Jan 7, 2020.

1. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Yes, that was me. I could pass a couple slower 300's at the back of the field but the 250 can only do so much

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I was actually being serious:D. The "HW" 250 racer im talking about was finishing top 5 or better.

3. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Is there a new draft of the daily schedule to go along with the E/F class changes? Looks like Clubman/FSS ran together. Could those be split for R3s to run both?

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Curious- what bike(s) prompted this? Dirtbikes/motards?

5. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

hey Mongo, is NJMP going to be dropping out of the picture permanently? i joined WERA two years ago for NJMP and VIR, and it looks like they've both been dropped off the schedule for 2020.

6. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Sorry if I missed this written somewhere else, but what is the structure for double header weekends, will the qualifying and purses be the same both days?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Welcome to motorcycle racing. FWIW the 400 was/is not competitive against real D class or Clubman machines so they did not actually have a class. They can ride up to the uncompetitive classes just like most machines out there and depending on what else enters them that weekend they may do well or may get totally smoked.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Where would I put F?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

NJMP was just too much money. VIR we would do in a heartbeat but whenever we ask they have no dates for us.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Purses are ONLY in WERA West and ONLY for the Sunday races of a double header. If sponsors want to do other regions we would absolutely love it.

Qualifying and extra laps will be both days in all regions all days.

11. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

ok thanks. so NJMP will most likely not be part of the program going forward, but VIR will be as it was a scheduling thing for 2020?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was a scheduling thing for 2019 and 20, I truly have no idea if they'll ever give us a viable weekend or not but we will continue to ask every year.

DBConz likes this.
  13. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

No idea :) Looking at the schedule, I got nothing short of adding a race and I know the challenges there. With a R3, we usually run ESS, DSS, and Clubman. With the change, I guess we still run the same races, just a different class for one of them: ESS, DSS, and FSS.

14. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Two threads with a title giving me hope for wisdom, and neither will help me navigate this new century..

Carry on, Mongo. :bow: :Poke:

15. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

:like:!

250’s still have V5
    The 375 cap in ESS looks to keep the Husky 450SM out.
    FSS will get owned by the R3 tho.

@Mongo,
    With free bodywork, can the CB500F also be used in E?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's the nekkid CBR500 isn't it?

17. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah it'd be legal in anything the "race" version is legal for - same SS restrictions but any bodywork allowed.

19. sizzlemaniac

sizzlemaniac Heather Szymanik- # 124

So what will this mean for Nationals? Is the 300 National class still going to be a thing or will it be a 400 class?

20. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Stop picking on me. .

Phl218 and No Brakes like this.