1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Y'all got toddlers?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Yeah the 16" is perfect for my 6 year old.

And this is great for when you don't have time to load up and go riding they can practice at home, the park, etc. The throttle is progressive like a real motorcycle and has 3 ride modes. If your kid is a little nervous about going to a 50 this is a lot more friendly and much lighter. They are pretty damn tough too, my oldest has wadded just a few times haha!

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Or you could save yourself the drives to some remote area and learn/practice at home until the kid is ready for a dirtbike. Grown-ups sell their little bikes when they are ready to move to something faster. Why not apply it here, if it's a possibility? It just gives you more options as a parent, that's all.

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Just don't live where you have an HOA and hood full of uptight a-holes. Ride your ~real~ mini cycle in the back yard, like I did. Problem solved, with a much less expensive, and more simple approach.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Or just leave the 50 stock, my kids Honduh is quiet as a mouse fart. Neighbors love the kid so no complaints.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

this.

6. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

We went through hell over Kris riding in the yard when he first started with him riding a JR50. Cops were called every time he started it. The neighbors that bitched eventually moved after they figured out it would never stop on their demand.
    I started mowing the yard at 6:30 on Sunday mornings, taking the RD for a ride in the middle of the night and shit like that just to piss them off. Had to deal with quite a few angry cops over it. I don’t take being forced into stuff well so I wasn’t about to let newbies in the neighborhood control what happened on my property. Especially when everything was relatively quite.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't see a need for this over a PW50 other than the whole "it's electric so it's cool" factor.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not kid "needs" a PW50 either. Plenty of us didn't get one and still lived. :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I didn't ride a motorized two wheeled vehicle until I was 15, none of the kid stuff would have helped my transition :D

10. turner38

Ehh, being battery powered means they can ride it in the house...:D

pscook and Banditracer like this.
  11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Grrr... Going through some of this now with a couple of new neighbors. I mean, who in the hell doesn't like 6" mortars and 2 stroke dirt bikes???

Phl218 likes this.
  12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

One weighs 80 pounds, one is (claimed) 20 pounds.

I have a TTR50 my girls won't ride because it's too heavy for them - this seems like the perfect gateway machine.

13. turner38

A 20oz coke bottle, a couple of ounces of Muratic acid and a strip
    Of aluminum stuck to the lid before you put it on then tossed over the fence about 2:30 always makes a entertaining pop...

14. SuddenBraking

I have a PW50 that the girls haven't touched for the two years I've had it (it's a heavy little POS for being as small as it is).

They've taken to this electric Stryder bike like ducks to water............oldest had never ridden anything with a throttle before and was on "green" (which moves at a decent speed) within twenty minutes. If this thing delivers like it did today and gets my girls addicted to bikes, it's worth a 10x of its price.

Big fan so far.

pscook likes this.
  15. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Yeah, your neighbors definitely sound unreasonable.

16. turner38

Things would have been much quieter if they hadn’t been...

Bitch about noise and I will give you something to bitch about.

17. SuddenBraking

Oldest was bopping around on the TTR yesterday while my 5 year old was riding the Stacyc with the warm weather we've had in the northeast.

I'm 100% sure this wouldn't have happened this quickly (her getting on the TTR) without a gateway vehicle like the Stacyc.

18. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Strider and Oset have worked for me. Had the Strider when my daughter was two. Gliding concept didn’t really happen until she was three. Last year she raced the Strider Cup in Boulder and had a ton of fun.

Bought an Oset while three. Interest piqued around her fourth birthday. Awesome because it’s so quiet for backyard riding. Can adjust throttle and speed. Soon graduated to local MX track. Enticed my wife to learn so bought her TTR125.

Oset has been great but now battery run time is an issue. Daughter runs it out quickly with higher speeds/draw. Likely will get a Honda 50 in Spring.

with Strider never needed training wheels on any bike. Easily transitioned to regular pedaling last summer.

warclok likes this.
  19. warclok

warclok Well-Known Member

Hey 313, which oset did ya get, the 12.5 R?

I am looking now for a used one if you're ready to unload it...thanks!!!

Phl218 likes this.
  20. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

The Oset is a very good bike. Will let you know when we’re ready to sell. I’ll probably keep it another season while she gets comfortable on the 50. Biggest issue is the battery life now that my daughters rides are longer. Ordering a battery upgrade: https://www.boost-bikes.co.uk/colle...4v-12-5-oset-battery-kit-including-6a-charger

Went to the track last weekend. It was a proud moment watching her do laps on the intermediate MX track. My wife is getting into the riding too
    [​IMG]

HPPT and R Acree like this.