1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do YOU make coffee?

Discussion in 'General' started by 1kk8, Jan 8, 2020.

1. sdg

sdg *

Co-workers and I used to have a continuous pot in my office after another bunch of snobs made us angry. I will admit I will drink cold boiled out stuff left in the pot from yesterday while a fresh one brews. Might disqualify my opinion...

2. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Ninja drip coffee maker, made by the cup, using a screen filter with RO water. I think the paper filters make coffee taste off so I never use them. Currently using SB pike place whole bean, ground with a Cuisinart grinder.

sdg likes this.
  3. sdg

sdg *

I will agree on the paper filter thing, never could put a finger on that before!

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

French Press

I use a hand grinder every morning. I usually only go for organic brands....lately I've been liking Whole Foods in house brand Allegro https://www.allegrocoffee.com

Lately I've also been buying beans loose from my local Stew Leonard's.

Strange thing about this topic is that I've never liked/drank coffee my entire life right up until about a year ago. For some reason after I got home from Dubai (had the odd cup of Turkish coffee while I was there) last January I all of a sudden had a craving for it. And I only drink it black....I hate coffee with cream and sweeteners.

1kk8, beechkingd and sdg like this.
  5. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Penguin brand cold brew set up...if not old school stainless steel percolator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1kk8 likes this.
  6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Our local convenient chain has some pretty tasty stuff for 24 oz @ $1.50.

Other than that, I have various bags of beans that I'll grind, and chuck in the Keurig at home. All of them are organic light roasts.

pickled egg likes this.
  7. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I obviously need to get your perspective on espresso machines Tony, since I'm in the market for one soon. Have a line on some unused Breville display models, locally. I have several of Breville products, and need a coffee grinder, as well as new coffee maker.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I’ll do ya one better.

My coffee stop is $.99 for a refill ($1.06 after the leeches in St. Paul get their cut), I get my coffee card punched, and my sixth cup is free...so I get a fresh cup every sixth cup and get refills until my card is punched out :D

I’ve got a couple bags of Peet’s dark roast (one bean, one ground) for the weekend mornings when I have the girls.

eggfooyoung likes this.
  9. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

chemex with a semi course grind and a lot of beans.

gotta have the un bleached filter

chemex-pour-over-glass-coffee-maker-with-wood-collar-c.jpg

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I use ground Peet’s in my Keurig, it is pretty good. The Holiday Blend was really good

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I only get $.03/gal per cup. Good for 60 days. You can save a few bucks if you time it right.

12. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

Haven’t tried Allegro. Amount of roast they offer is almost overwhelming. Which do you use/prefer?

13. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Morning ritual here:

[​IMG]

Also have a pour over setup for regular coffee.......

t

14. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Kitchenaid siphon coffee maker . Pain in the ass to clean , but I knew that before I bought it . Plus , it’s kinda cool to watch the thing brew coffee. 788g of water , grind up 43g of coffee grounds and it’s good to go .

[​IMG]

Brian_J likes this.
  15. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

5 pages and not a single person cold brewing? I hate hot coffee and prefer how smooth a good cold brew turns out after soaking for awhile

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

Used to cold bee for a while, now just beer.

At home a press on the button of our saeco, with lavazza espresso beans

Sometimes blended with butter and coco oil

at work the DeLonghi nespresso with whatever capsule I feel like that day. Mostly purple

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  17. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

what's crazy is what Counter Culture Coffee atlanta does with the shells or fruit body of the bean....

tastes like the best sweet tea ever.

they do that cold brew stuff also.

https://counterculturecoffee.com/learn/training-centers/atlanta-training-center

the better link if not from ATL
    https://counterculturecoffee.com/learn/training-centers

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

95% of time it's Aeropress. Wife drinks tea, so solos are where its at around here.
    Three big scoops Mj. Dickason; fill almost to top. Stir. Insert plunger to form vacuum and let sit 15-30 seconds. Press and check for crema.
    I have a french press and a chemex for batch sizing.
    I get about 6 oz of something close via my method at the top.
    So precise...expect for the volume of water used.
    We've been over this. That's "Cowboy" coffee. Once you sweeten the shit out of it with sugar it's Turkish. :D

Brian_J likes this.
  20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I really enjoy my Jura as well. They are excellent. We bought ours to replace an aging Saeco that I had rebuilt once already. Probably the best espresso beans I have found are from a little coffee place in Williamsport, PA called Alabaster.

Chip and Phl218 like this.