How do YOU make coffee?

Discussion in 'General' started by 1kk8, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

And Mongo if you want a Illy Espresso machine they do run different kinds of specials all year. For instance the special I bought last year was you buy X amount of coffee (for me about a 4 month supply) and you get a free machine. Sign up for their e-mails to learn more

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Illy. Good stuff.

I quit smoking a few months ago. Now that I taste things as I should, I've totally lost my taste for a lot of the crap I used to eat and drink. Somewhat regrettably, I lost my taste for coffee. Used to pound an 8 cup percolator with 8 spoons of whole bean Eight-O-Clock...that's four cups. Now, I can't stand it.
    Tried Illy's Espresso, brewed in the same two spoons per cup ratio as previous coffees and it was somewhat palatable. Gotta get a new brewing machine, tho'. Wore the last one out but I'm not really interested in coffee any more. It just seems like the equivalent of Budweiser. :Puke:

:offtopic:
    I've switched to tea. :D

3. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

lol

4. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I make coffee like tea. I dump the raw product in the ocean.

fastfreddie likes this.
  5. Brian_J

Brian_J Active Member

inverted areopress, 13g coffee, brew for 1m30s (stir after the first 30sec brew time), flip and press into cup!

1kk8 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Will it make a 20 ounce cup? And I am not paying anyone for pods of coffee no matter how good they are or aren't. Screw that noise, huge waste o cash.

7. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

That was a little girl though...

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, wouldn't use it enough to justify it. I do need to pick up something for the occasional espresso but for now I'm on more of a quantity is important kick.

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The idea I was suggesting is to switch from regular coffee to espresso to drink less volume for better taste and the same caffeine buzz. But if you prefer to drink 2 quarts of coffee a day and the extra bathroom time so be it.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm good with the taste and yeah, the quantity is important. If I go to espresso I drink the same quantity which makes for way more caffeine and cost :D

11. sdg

sdg *

It is good coffee, I was given some as a present.

12. Chasbro

Chasbro Well-Known Member

I like the Bunn. Nothing is faster. It shoots the already hot water into the grounds in a turbulent manner. Most restaurants use them. I use our municipal water filtered through a Britta water pitcher. For coffee, I like the McCafe medium roast. It's consistent first scoop to the last. The Bunn costs more and can't really be cleaned so I generally just replace it every couple of years.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

14. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

Which roast have you tried?

15. kangasj

kangasj Banned

That's exactly what I use on the boat.....but I threw away the basked and stem, boil the water, throw three scoops of coffee in and stir. Let it settle for a few minutes and in the cup it goes. I like to keep things simple...

16. sdg

sdg *

It was the beyond black

17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Same, except I have no idea how much 13g is... I use a heaping scoop from the big Mr. Coffee

18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

ok, I gotta admit it's hard for me to get on board with the super dark roast stuff, even with BRCC. I'm definitely a light-medium roast kinda fella. That super dark shit just gets way too damn bitter.

Brian_J likes this.
  19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

My wife is gone to work by the time I get my retired ass out of bed in the morning. There is always a thermos of coffee waiting on the counter for me.

20. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Boil water and drop fine ground coffee straight in to it. Also known as Turkish coffee.

borislav and Phl218 like this.