1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enclosed Trailer Shopping

Discussion in 'General' started by ScottyRock155, Jan 7, 2020.

1. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Did you order it with insulation or did you pull the walls off after you got it? I love that they have a clear options sheet, that allows me to do some more planning on what I want to do myself and what is worth paying for.

2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’d say, every trailer manufacturer offers “clean-sheet” ability. You can order one with A/C upfitting and no interior at all, if that’s what suits your needs. My most recent trailer is completely custom, in every way.

If you’re planning to load a car at all, you’ll want 12” OC floor crossmembers. Then, lay down a 2”X12” beneath the tires, to spread the load. My most recent trailer is plywood over 12” OC crossmembers and my 60” ZTR compromised the floor, under the rear tires (~600# per tire). I’d think a Miata would do the same.

3. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I bought a trailer out of Georgia and had it delivered to Maryland. Huge mistake. It was a total hunk of junk. Ended up paying 50% more for a local trailer that was worth every penny. I had an old 6x12 and went to a 8.5 x 16. The width really makes a big difference. Good luck and take your time picking out exactly what you want. I bought mine plan and added the wiring and insulation myself. It took more time but it’s exactly how I want it.

ducnut likes this.
  4. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

ALWAYS inspect before you buy. I once drove two states away to pick up a semi-expensive new aluminum trailer and found one of the outside panels to be bowed out to the point that there was a gap at the top.

5. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Stay far far far far away from a company called “quality cargo” because there isn’t shit that is quality about what they sell. They are located in Nashville, GA. I had good luck with both of my old diamond cargo trailers for what it’s worth

6. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Buy the basic model and take it to Casa de Stick and let him & Honey finish it. The day I stopped in they were showing off some insane trailer construction skills.

TurboBlew and Shenanigans like this.
  7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

We got ours with no insulation. We put it in ourselves. That beast package adds 7000# axles, extended tongue, and bracing every 12" on the floor. We added the A/C brace, but ended up going with a mini split. A friend got us a really good one that uses very little power. We added an extra foot of height, the side door step (it doesn't look like much, but we have found that we like it), bogey wheels in case the back hits the ground going up hills. Picked our color exterior. I will move the side door on the next one. It was really easy to order from them.

Thank you. We put a lot of thought into this trailer, and it did really well on our first trip. We have thought about building them for other people.

SpeedyTide likes this.
  8. ScottyRock155

Are you going to have the new one at Tally?

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

We're shopping for a trailer also. 20-24' bumper pull. Going to squeeze in at least 4 bikes plus assorted crap. Don't have the time to outfit it ourselves.

10. ScottyRock155

The 6x12 you sold me is still going strong. I used it for several years as my race trailer and now my dad uses it as a mini camper at his hunting club and travels with it some. I'll be happy if my next one holds up that well.

regularguy likes this.
  11. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Or just talk to bc on here who deals with trailers daily and knows every aspect. Or just take anyone’s advice.

12. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Anyone interested in an Intech? I'm about to put it on Racing Junk.

IMG_1057_2.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

ducnut likes this.
  13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

tree fiddy?

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Probably more money floating around on Racing Junk. :D

masshole likes this.
  15. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Fiddy is about what I had in it- I might get half of it back.

16. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Check into Beck's trailers in Mt. Pleasant Michigan

I specd' a work/car hauler for my mobile pressure washing trailer 3 years ago and ended up buying a Stealth.

Both ramp flaps fell off within the first month. Breakaway switch is right where the hand crank is so you bust your knuckles. No mount for spare tire. Front tongue is all rusted to shit. Side panels came unglued and had to re-bolt with stainless bolts. I over built that trailer from their normal ones....still not happy.

Should have bought the Beck's. They one off spec the trailers. Just make sure you tell them everything you are going to do with it. My buddies snowmobile trailer from them is 20yrs old and still rock solid.

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Bought my Pace Journey 8.5 x 18 from www.trailernation.com already equipped.. Save yourself the time and get them to build it to spec...i couldnt be happier with mine...

ducnut likes this.
  19. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I drove down to Roanoke and picked up a new Pro-Line 6x10. Fits 2 sportbikes to sport tourers side by side on pitbulls. Decent price and quality seems good

20. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Not very neat pics but that's what I have on my cell. Cabinets in the front and an RV sofa bed. Obviously lots of room to add more- 8.5' x 28' box with 9.5' interior height.

20190823_133855.jpg 20190823_133823.jpg

MotoGP69 likes this.