1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enclosed Trailer Shopping

Discussion in 'General' started by ScottyRock155, Jan 7, 2020.

1. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I'm looking to buy a new enclosed trailer in the Southeast area and was hoping someone here had some personal experience on who to buy from. It seems that a lot of them seem to come from the same Georgia location, are there any real differences?

I'm just looking for a plain cargo trailer that I am going to turn into a race trailer with a roof top A/C and basic amenities inside. It looks like I'll probably end up with a 8.5 x 20 just because it's the most common and cheap and I want to be able to haul a car when needed.

This is what I'm using as a reference - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Enclosed-c...740998?hash=item341d4acdc6:g:68AAAOSwgo9eDiYL

K51000 likes this.
  2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Definitely differences! To the point of don’t order one. Go see it in person for final fit an finish quality. I think they have the same QC departments as GM and Chrysler of the late 70’s

Had one of these in a 6x12
    https://www.arisingindustries.com/

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Gator Tail is one of the biggest pieces of shit in the industry, and the owner is even worse. FWIW if the MFG is selling direct, in most cases they are selling garbage.

The difference in money for a good trailer isn't that much. I don't make a habit of pimping my stuff on here, but if you need help I'll do what I can.

Boman Forklift and ducnut like this.
  4. ScottyRock155

Do you sell trailers? Where are you located?

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I needed a cheap box trailer and bought one from southern Va. I got what I paid for...ie "cheap". The frame was rusted in 2 years, the roof was seamed with goop that peeled of after 3 years. I keep it inside the barn so it doesn't see weather but that didn't seem to matter. If you are thinking about car hauling then I'd consider one expressly designed for that.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah really. As many threads as there are about trailers it's not a problem answering with come buy your shit from me - not the same as putting up a new thread every time you get a new part in the store or the like :D

7. ScottyRock155

The car thing is more of a bonus issue. And it's a Miata so technically I think it would fit in a 7 foot wide trailer, but the extra room of a 8.5 would be nice and they aren't much more.

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Well I dont pay to advertise so out of respect I dont have an alert setup like it seems some do.

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

East central florida.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do appreciate that but if you can help out with the thread like this it's not the same as advertising, at least not to me :D

Boman Forklift and ducnut like this.
  11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Well, like any good "Merican"...bigger is always better! Don't forget the diesel dually to pull it with, either.

12. ScottyRock155

If I had a diesel dually I'd buy the old Stickboy rig that was 700ft long. :D

stickboy274 likes this.
  13. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Don’t you have a 454SS? That’ll do

14. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

I have an 06 Haulmark 6x12 that I bought second hand and it’s very well made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

First off, you need my trailer. Not only is it awesome, it has racing heritage. It will make you cooler than you have ever been, and I'm flexible on the price. To sum it up, someone buy our 46' trailer. I'll take $20k for it, we want to build another trailer, and we need the funding to do it.

Our new one came from USA cargo. We took it all apart to build out the living area, and we're happy with it so far. We got the upgrade "Beast" Package. It was affordable, they built it to my specs, and it was completed in about a month. They were very easy to deal with. Let me know if you have any questions.

TurboBlew likes this.
  16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Compare the weight between them. Heavier is better.

17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Cheap, haul a car, rooftop A/C, race car trailer, and amenities do not go together.

You can’t buy a cheap cargo trailer and haul a car in it. The floor WILL give way. Cargo trailer is 24” OC crossmembers and car trailer is 12” OC crossmembers. Cargo trailer is plywood floor and quality car trailer aluminum floor.

Rooftop A/C requires a braced roof to support the weight. Best to order it already outfitted, as the wiring and exterior receptacle will be in place. Otherwise, you’re going to be cutting, welding, and stripping the interior, to outfit it with A/C.

Race car trailers are their own segment. They’re going to be insulated, lined, receptacles, interior and exterior lighting, cabinets, polished corners, etc, and are NOT cheap.

Amenities? Cheap trailers have none. They don’t even have radial tires and are lucky to even have plywood on the walls.

You need to search “trailer” on the forum. Tons of threads discussing every aspect of trailers, abound. Make a list of what you truly want. Then, go shopping. ATC, inTech, Featherlite, United, and Cross are going to be your better brands. Don’t buy anything made in GA; it’s all junk.

18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Bullshit!

The average person has no idea what they’re looking at and weight certainly shouldn’t be a determining factor, unless looking at aluminum versus steel or between sizes of the same brand (ie: 7’X20’ versus 8.5’X20’). A pile of garbage could be spec’d with .063 sheeting and the quality trailer have .040 sheeting, which will be lighter. Likewise, the garbage trailer could be all plywood lined and coin flooring and the quality trailer be aluminum floor and lining, which will be lighter.

19. ScottyRock155

I should have left the car comment out. I'm not buying a car trailer. And I'm not looking to haul cars other than a occasionally a very light weight very small car. This trailer will be 95% used for motorcycle racing.

I don't want the trailer to have amenities. I want to add them myself so it can be the way I want it. I do see that some places list the prep for AC with bracing/wiring for a very cheap price. That seems very useful.

ducnut likes this.
  20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well I guess I assumed the OP was smarter than your "average person" then. I think from his posts over the years he would know the difference between the garbage trailer could be all plywood lined and coin flooring and the quality trailer be aluminum floor and lining, which will be lighter.

ducnut likes this.