1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kids say.....

Discussion in 'General' started by SirCrashAlot, Oct 15, 2017.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Wife and I have had a few discussions about this. Ours is 6 months old so we’re sure some things will be coming back to haunt us in the near future. We’re ok with it. As it comes up, he’ll be taught what adult words are and not to say them. Inevitably he will surely say something at daycare or school and we’ll have to deal with it but oh well. It’s words. Don’t really care that much. And honestly, I foresee myself getting in trouble for laughing at shit he says in the future.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

My 8 yo daughter loves helping daddy out by doing things for me, including making me coffee. I love it.

And maybe this is a poor reflection on me, but she asks most every time, if I want Baily's in it. I just had her make me a cup, and the following exchange happened with her, and my 6 yo son...

"Dad, do you want B?
    "What...?"
    "The big B, Baily's?"
    "Oh, no, not this cup."

I go upstairs and ask my wife...

"Is it bad, that my 8 yo knows to ask if I want booze?"
    "I think it is!" My 6 yo without missing a beat

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I think it’s worse that your daughter has to ask you instead of knowing it’s supposed to be in every cup ;)

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

My4 y.o. kid asked me for "A Christmas movie with dinosaurs." during the Holidays - lol.
    Turns out there actually is such a thing - even loler !

Seriously, he is very knowledgeable about dinosaurs. And he know dragons aren't real, unlike some of you retards haha

renegade17 and pickled egg like this.
  5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My Dad used to foul up words...San Luis Obisbo became Saint Louis Nabisco. Turns out the speech thing skips a generation. My son turns skunks into stunks, my Dad's Lincoln into Pap Pap's lemonseine, saurkraut into sourcrap. Never could figure out if he was serious or just f'ing with me. :confused:

pickled egg likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

How about my 4yr old, wearing some new pajamas she got for Christmas, piping up with “this tag is itching the hell out of my neck”? :crackup:

R Acree, Banditracer and ducnut like this.
  7. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

My 5.5 year old son was doing something in his room when my wife over heard him say “keep the change ya filthy animal”. We’ve watched “Home Alone” a few times over the holidays.

beechkingd, motoboy and pickled egg like this.
  8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Just a follow up to the '86 Lincoln towncar that was my fathers....It eventually went to my son as his HS car. We never let him forget that it was a "lemonseine"! Of course he decked it out with a million watt stereo and neon lights. Talk about a chick magnet...not.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I can't imagine how she learned that.

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

my 4yo shouted from the bathroom last Saturday: " Mom and Dad, stop talking when I'm going potty, i need quiet"

Boman Forklift and DWhyte91 like this.
  11. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

When my son was younger and started pooping on the toilet he would say “look at me, now look away, look at me, look away” before dropping the load and you better damn well do it or he’d be very upset, possibly abort the mission. Half the time he was grunting saying it. Kids are weird and hilarious.

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

From the back seat on the drive to school this morning...

“Dad, do you remember when I said ‘this tag is itching the hell out of me’? That was funny.”

Phl218 and R Acree like this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The next decade or so is going to be very challenging for you.:D

pickled egg likes this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Only 14 years more... :D

15. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

A friend of mine once said, "We spend the first two years teaching them to walk and talk, then the next 16 years telling them to sit down and shut up!"

Boman Forklift and pickled egg like this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A lot like what my mother used to say about my sister:

“She started walking and talking at 9mos, And she hasn’t sat down or shut up since.” :D

17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

My Gramp used to say my sister was "vaccinated with a gramophone needle"

pickled egg likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The grandson used to strip down to just socks, when asked why his answer was "Poopies is hard work"... Then on occasion I'd ask if he was done and get an answer of "no, I have 3 left" or whatever the number happened to be, the sound of that many little splashes later and it would be "Seany I'm done now". How the hell does a 3 year old know how many poo nuggets he has left????

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

20. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Wait, are you trying to imply that someone older SHOULD know how many poo nuggets they have left? I don't think that's a normal skill for a child or adult, he must be a poo nugget savant.

R Acree and HPPT like this.