1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ludicrous mode

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

OMG!!!!

I've been in a handful of electric cars as they are getting more common out here in California. My wife's best friend has a 2013 Tesla S, my best friend has a Chevy Bolt and they are okay.

My neighbor buys a new Model X and gives my wife and I and our other neighbor a ride and demos the hands free. It was pretty cool and it was pretty quick like they all are.

The other neighbor on the ride bought a 2015 model S with Ludicrous mode package about 6 months ago. He also owns a 911 Turbo. When we get back he says, Rob let's go out in mine.

He throws me the keys and tells me he wants me to come to a complete stop and then floor it.

OMG, OMG!!!!!!! I get that same feeling in my stomach I get when racing my 8 second dragbike with wheelie bars. I didn't even use the laugh control mode and it was amazing., 0-60 in 2.2 to 2.8 seconds depending on where I read.

Now I can't stop thinking about it. He isn't helping because he is texting me links to used ones for sale and tried to get me to go look at one last night. I can't afford that right now, but the want is there.

His other friend already bought one and sold his 911 Turbo and kept his Miata for fun canyon runs. My neighbor might sell his 911 turbo too.

SpeedyE and socalrider like this.
  2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

'Laugh Mode'?

Is that an expensive option?

kangasj likes this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Evidently it is another 10k. New I think these were $100 to 120k.

The used one he wants me to look at is $54,995 and has 53k miles. I'm currently driving a CNG civic with 195k miles but has car pool lane stickers for my 90 mile RT drive to work.

Interesting because I was wanting to buy a play sports car in the next year, I think that just got bumped.

kevincg likes this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

well its next year....

this one is for sale on airplane site...
    This is the cheapest Ludacris Model X in the country. It is priced to move! $62,900 in McKinney TX.

White on white loaded Tesla Model X P90DL with Ludacris Plus. This is an SUV that does zero - 60 in 3 seconds and hauls 6 people, the dog and a bunch of groceries. It is an absolutely amazing vehicle. I’m selling to buy a house.

Key Features

* Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint

* 22” Silver Turbine Wheels

* Ultra White Seats

* Autopilot with convenience features (Autopilot 1)

* Free Supercharging

* Smart Air Suspension

* Ultra High Fidelity Sound

* HEPA Air Filtration System

* Subzero Weather Package

* Heated seats

* Vented seats

* Keyless Entry

* Power Liftgate

* Red Brake Calipers

* Six Seat Interior

* Carbon Fiber Décor

* Black Headliner

Towing Package

72 Amp Fast Charging

Active spoiler

It has 4 years left and unlimited miles on the battery warranty and currently charges to 231 miles. It has 84,000 miles and has a few rock chips and small dings similar to any car with these miles. There is also some curb rash on the 22’s. I’ll reserve judgment from the previous owner, but the car tells you exactly how many inches it is from the curb. It is however in pristine condition inside and has lived its life inside a garage. I don’t think the backseats were ever used. All the seats look fantastic and it has Tesla weather tech style floor mats all around.

If you are an out of state buyer, we can Face Time and do a full walk around of the car. I’ll show you all the little spots that aren’t perfect. It is not a brand new car, but it is very, very nice and will save you a ton. From 3’, it looks perfect.

The door will open itself when you approach, move the seat back for easy entry, unfold the mirrors and start your tunes rockin. When you hit the brake pedal, the seat will adjust to your settings and the door will close by itself. Autopilot is amazing and in general, this car will blow you away.

It is faster than a Lamborghini and incredibly fun to drive.

Clean title in hand and clean Carfax

Please have your finances and permission in order. Leave a number and I’ll call you back.

Edited... Pictures! I’ll get some daytime ones soon.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

[​IMG]

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Broome won't care how hard it accelerates, he'll stay say nope. :crackup:

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I got to drive some Tesla for a mile or two and it was cool but no way in hell would I get one. Just a weird feel to it and I don't feel like joining the cult of Tesla.

The E tron suv from Audi, that I might consider.

SteveThompson likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

CEO of the Cult of Audi mocking the cult of Tesla. Priceless. :D

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I like Mazdas and VWs also, so there. :D

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

He wouldn't want those NOVA Lax moms making fun of him in a Tesla....

11. Boman Forklift

That's funny because I always felt the same way about Tesla and Apple. I'm the only holdout in my family still on android.

For me a regular Tesla is ok, I'm just not a huge fan of people who get all righteous and it turns me off,
    • super religious people....my best friend is a high up Morman, but he doesn't preach it
    • vegans
    • electric car people saying how much better they are for the environment
    Etc.....

But that speed is addicting. I remember when we bought the Viper, my wife wanted to look at them. I didn't want a fat American pig sports car, I wanted a proper light sports car, having owned a couple Porsches and driving dad's Lotus when I was in high school.

Well that Viper torque was pretty amazing in 99 and I had to have it.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, if I wanted to be accepted into the cult of NoVa I'd already be leasing one. Next to it would be a Q7 or a supersized GM SUV and Sam would be driving a lifted and light kitted up Wrangler. :D

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Those “jeeps” are everywhere. I’m not entirely sure they ever get off pavement. :D

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

ain't no Starsmucks or Trader Joes on dirt roads. :D

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So what's the story with this thing? Haven't heard much about it since they initially announced it, is it in production yet? I guess it is priced a little more astronomically compared to the rest of the lineup

[​IMG]

16. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

The funny part is, around here for every paved road there are 10-15 that aren’t and they still never see dirt, gravel, etc.

Most appear to be soccer moms keeping up with each other. :D

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, they are and have been the automotive "Coach purse" for awhile around here. Large $60K ~ $70K pick ups are coming into their own lately for the milfs.

18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

So I saw the emo VW Bug commercial last night. Is it just me or has their advertising gone completely around the bend since they got busted for the emissions stuff?

19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Here those trucks are for the baseball/basketball dads keeping up with each other.

Pretty sure they don’t get off pavement either...

:crackup:

EDIT - when basketball season started, the parking lot at the high school looks like the local banks went on a repo frenzy.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    K51000 likes this.
  20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Hey e-cagers, let us know when we can put a full charge into those as quickly as filling a fuel tank. If I'm on a roadtrip, I'm not stopping for a mandatory smelling 0f the roses 'til I'm bored to tears while topping off. Defeats the whole point of making time...