1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class C RV's

Discussion in 'General' started by JTRC51, Jul 9, 2019.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

It’s a 15yr-old coach with unknown mileage. If it’s a tour coach, it’ll have a lot of miles and won’t have the resell value you’d think.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because it's a fake ad.

3. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

Makes sense.

RRP likes this.
  4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

5. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

52,451 Miles

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  6. assjuice cyrus

Just getting old.

7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That’s a LOT of coach, for the money. Looks like it lived inside, which indicates the previous owners could probably afford to properly care for it. It wouldn’t take much to motivate me to go have a look.

8. assjuice cyrus

Yea I really liked the lay out of. Longer then we wanted and we really wanted the over head bed for the boy and keep him out of the living space. But man for some reason that lay out really caught my eye. 06 cummins is a great motor. Ummmm.

ducnut likes this.
  9. Ya I’m getting old, and lazy. Seems like a fair deal for that coach.

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

That looks pretty nice. I believe National went out of business in the recession so thats a factor. But all the components on an RV are 3rd party so it should be a deal breaker. But at 10years old, if something RV does break you may be able to get a simple part to fix it, you may to replace the whole unit. ie. if the furnace craps out do to a part if that part is NLA...you have to replace the whole furnace, same with slides, awnings, etc. But that can happen to even household items.

That said, if i was in the market I would go take a look at that one. It looks real clean in the pics.

11. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Just be aware that it is an orphan. National RV closed its doors around 08.

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

You’ll want double-check to see if that is an EGR/DPF engine. That’s right at the threshold of changeover. My hunch is that could be an ‘05 chassis with an ‘06 coach atop of it, which is non-emission and of no worries. If it IS an emission diesel, get the numbers off the engine and swing by one of the semi-truck dealers right there and inquire of any known issues/tips, just to be safe. There might even be a factory Cummins service center, right there, too. You’ll just need to have a look or call Cummins, direct.

I wouldn’t worry much about age of stuff in the coach. It’s all generic componentry and can easily be replaced/updated.

13. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

This is what I'm getting someday...

Attached Files:

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The dealer “assjuice” is shopping has a bunch of stuff at that level.

Anyone buying in the $400K and up range has my respect for making it in life.

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

michaelrc51, mastermind and Wingnut like this.
  16. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I'm planning buying one of those Super C showhauler garage units, basement model
    I want to be able to carry 2 or 3 motorcycles and tow my Rubicon behind it. I'm living a completely untethered life in a few more years.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  17. assjuice cyrus

Good news is I worked for a Freightliner/ cummins dealer for 13 years before buying the current shop we own now. I will be able to take the motor number and get any and all service info that has ever been done to that motor at any dealer.

If I remember correctly. 07 was the first egr motor. But I will definitely verify that if we decide to look at it.

mastermind and ducnut like this.
  18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Yeah, I believe you’re correct. I’m thinking where my confusion comes from is where I worked we received no trucks in 2006, because they were phasing in ‘07 EGR trucks early that year and they didn’t want to be guinea pigs.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  19. assjuice cyrus

I keep thinking. Is 40ft to long?